Contributor

Re: Please say dollars instead of bucks. Bucks is used toooo often.

The first host to say "bucks" was  Sean. I commented at how it took the network and her down a few notches.Obviously she didn't listen. I am glad someone else agrees.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

My pet peeve is the speech police.   I've been to almost every state and they all have different ways of pronouncing words.  I can drive 90 minutes south in my own state and hear a whole different dialect.  Why let yourself be irritated over something you can't control.  

People get irritated over what irritates them; what's the big deal? Your pet peeve is the speech police; that's what irritates you. So why are you complaining?

Respected Contributor

And please stop saying:

Color-way !

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

My pet peeve is the speech police.   I've been to almost every state and they all have different ways of pronouncing words.  I can drive 90 minutes south in my own state and hear a whole different dialect.  Why let yourself be irritated over something you can't control.  

People get irritated over what irritates them; what's the big deal? Your pet peeve is the speech police; that's what irritates you. So why are you complaining?

@GoneButNotForgotten  Why are you telling posters what they can and can't post?

Honored Contributor

@Slopester wrote:

The first host to say "bucks" was  Sean. I commented at how it took the network and her down a few notches.Obviously she didn't listen. I am glad someone else agrees.

if we want to NITPICK, her name is actually SHAWN and she really doesnt need to listen to anyone else other than to the company that employs her.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Sidebar; some like repeating the same phrases, doesn't really bother me.

Esteemed Contributor

They could say clams instead.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

That really doesn't bother me at all.Covid has upended my life. That's the least of my concerns.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hearing 'bucks' brings to mind carnival barkers and sales men in tourist towns, or gamblers at a poker table with a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other.  I agree it is suggesting something is cheap.

Frequent Contributor

You can also add the word "Dude" to that request.  A couple of hosts don't want to be specific always refers the audience or colleagues as Dude in order to make the sale.  Far from professional and it should be addressed.