Contributor

Re: Please "More" Closeup Shots!!!

I thoroughly agree. I wish the cameraman would shoot more  closely at some of the items on sale. Sometimes he gets closer at the end of the presentation and it is frustrating because I also would like to see close up at an item at least for a little bit. It does frustrate me also.

Contributor

Close ups take so long because there aren't enough camera people, it's mainly done by automation by movement.  So, unless the designer points to something and waits... and waits and no one moves until the camera gets there, that's why the close ups are far and few inbetween.  And, that goes to say, if you are trying to decide on color or want to see a model and know their size that YOU associate with, the item can be sold out by the time they get around to it.  The problem is too much talking goes on between host and designer before they go through colors and the sizes of models...GET THE IMPORTANT STUFF DONE FIRST PLEASE!  AND...as long as we're on the subject of close ups and trying to see the item for sale, DON'T PUT A COAT ON SOMEONE IF YOU'RE ADVERTISING A SHIRT and stop making models carry a purse unless you're advertising the purse!!  We're trying to see the item for sale.

Contributor

I really agree with this. The camera person really needs to zoom in on your products and not towards the end of the presentation. I can not understand why so many shows do not focus on the product fully and not so much on what else is going on. Sorry.

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

I agree that they don't show near enough closeups of fashion and handbags.  When the host has to ask for a closeup, they sound so GRATEFUL that the camera crew obliged.  Does it cost more money for closeups?? That seems to be the case since so few are done for items except jewelry.

And the host and/or vendor take forever describing the OUTSIDE of a handbag.  We can see the color of the hardware, the strap, the zipper, etc.  What we CANNOT see is the INSIDE!  Duh!

@DottieBlue . That really irritates me as well. I just complained about it during a Handbag show on HSN to my husband, I said watch they have talked so long about the outside and he price, we won't get a chance to see the inside. Sure enough, moved along to a different handbag-had to look online to see the inside.....Did not purchase it either.......A huge pet peeve of mine!

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Southern Classy wrote:

I'm a little tired of trying to see a fabric or a color, etc.  when the camera shots are so very far away.  I understand seeing the items, models, jewelry, etc. from a distance; however, there are so very few camera shots up close to the items.  By the time they get around to it and I'm trying to decide what I want....the item is sold out.

------------------

I feel the same way about the food shows!!  I want to see the food, not the hosts' fake 'love it' face as they eat!!  I especially hate when the hosts make it a point to wait until the camera is on their face before they take a bite. David and Alberti are champions at that...  I don't need to see the hosts eating to hear them say 'that is good'!!!

David does this all of the time. He'll hold the food in his hand until the camera gets close then he takes a bite and makes those silly faces.

Honored Contributor

I started watching HSN years before QVC, back in the 80's. I loved watching their fashion shows. The hosts then would do close ups, describe the fabric, and most important to me, were the colors in the fabric. I liked knowing if the dark colors in the background were black, brown navy blue, etc. They would indicate if there was stretch and also when the models came out wearing the item, at times would let you know their height, weight and what size they were wearing. Garment measurements are vital. Not all sizes are cut the same. All of this information helps when ordering, IMO...

~H~
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

The camera work has gone from very good 5 or more years ago to terrible. Always saving money. It’s so frustrating. Presentations are terrible. I rarely watch anymore. Sometimes they focus on one model forever. Not the ones I want to see. Colors are never described. Camera movement doesn’t keep up with the hosts comments. I could go on and on. I get a better look at items on still pictures at my brick and mortar stores. I have to assume that the management at QVC is now inferior to what it once was.