Frequent Contributor

Please "More" Closeup Shots!!!

I'm a little tired of trying to see a fabric or a color, etc.  when the camera shots are so very far away.  I understand seeing the items, models, jewelry, etc. from a distance; however, there are so very few camera shots up close to the items.  By the time they get around to it and I'm trying to decide what I want....the item is sold out.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please "More" Closeup Shots!!!

[ Edited ]

@Southern Classy - I agree! I understand that the host and vendor may want to chat, and they may even be discussing important details about the item, but we don't need to constantly watch their faces while they speak—let their conversation be in the background while the camera focuses on the item. I've been very surprised that even at times when the host or vendor actually takes a moment to discuss a fabric or detail, sometimes going as far as holding the item in a way that allows a specific feature to be highlighted, the producer/director apparently doesn't bother to instruct the camera operator to show what is being described.

Esteemed Contributor

For some things they don't want you to see imperfections.  Now Susan G is always asking camera person to zoom in and see the buttons or other details.  I'll give her credit for that.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Southern Classy wrote:

I'm a little tired of trying to see a fabric or a color, etc.  when the camera shots are so very far away.  I understand seeing the items, models, jewelry, etc. from a distance; however, there are so very few camera shots up close to the items.  By the time they get around to it and I'm trying to decide what I want....the item is sold out.

------------------

I feel the same way about the food shows!!  I want to see the food, not the hosts' fake 'love it' face as they eat!!  I especially hate when the hosts make it a point to wait until the camera is on their face before they take a bite. David and Alberti are champions at that...  I don't need to see the hosts eating to hear them say 'that is good'!!!

Trusted Contributor

I agree that they don't show near enough closeups of fashion and handbags.  When the host has to ask for a closeup, they sound so GRATEFUL that the camera crew obliged.  Does it cost more money for closeups?? That seems to be the case since so few are done for items except jewelry.

And the host and/or vendor take forever describing the OUTSIDE of a handbag.  We can see the color of the hardware, the strap, the zipper, etc.  What we CANNOT see is the INSIDE!  Duh!

Valued Contributor

Same with jewelry, but the clothes presentations are the worst.

I've always thought the cameraperson is just not listening to the presentations.

Valued Contributor

I also would like to see more close-ups of electronics.

On many items, they do not fully discuss all of the inputs/outputs, and the online descriptions often leave out some of this information, which could determine whether my existing equipment is compatible. A close-up of the sides and backs especially would be very helpful.

Honored Contributor

The lack of close-ups on the clothing items is intentional, IMO. They don’t want us to see that the fabric is thin, or shows every lump and bump, or the plaids don’t match up at the seams, etc.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Just take a look over at HSN.

I dislike my negativity, but close-ups are very, very rare.

Allegedly, as I don't watch every single fashion show.  But, the ones that I have watched don't offer many close-ups, if at all.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I agree about the closeup shots...I think the other hosts need to do what David does and ask and then WAIT for the closeup shot before proceeding....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”