Honored Contributor

Please make sure reviews are for the correct product

[ Edited ]

QVC,

I just read reviews on the Slatkin "Over the River and Through the Woods" candle set.

Almost all the reviews are for his other scents.  And one is from someone who has NOT even received the set yet.  If I were Harry Slatkin, I would be objecting strenuously.  

Since reviews aren't automatically posted, and they appear to go through some sort of approval process, please try to (1) make sure they are posted under the correct product and (2) do not allow posts by those who have not used a product.  There should not even be a yes/no did you purchase and receive the item" option.  

Many besides myself have asked that you stop allowing reviews from those who haven't even touched a product.  How is such a review helpful in any way whatsoever?  It's kind of mind-boggling that QVC would think so.

Along with the other changes being made for 2019, perhaps this is a perfect time to overhaul your review pages.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Please make sure reviews are for the correct product

@GingerPeach

I was reading reviews for Martha Stewart wines today and someone left a 1 ⭐️ review due to slow FedEx shipping. No mention of the wine.  The reviews should be for the product only. 

Honored Contributor

It's bizarre, isn't it, @simplyfriends?

I have no idea why, since QVC isn't the only site that puts reviews through some sort of "approval" process, they they can't weed out the ones that don't meet the standards.  Or make a new set of standards.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

I also love the ones complaining about the colors offered in a product.  That is NO reason to give a negative review since you haven't tried the product at all.  It is a great opportunity to provide a suggestion to that vendor.

It seems more and more that Reviews across all retailers can't be trusted.

Honored Contributor

I rely heavily on reviews....they can decide whether I decide to order something or not....I have seen more than a few reviews that obviously were referring to a different product.