Respected Contributor

Please limit non-food presentations during David's cooking shows

[ Edited ]

In my opinion, products like vacuum cleaners should not be given so much air time during ITKWD. 

Today, there was about a half hour of the Dyson TSV.  A whole hour of Dyson is scheduled right after the cooking show, so why couldn't it wait.

If I am watching David, I expect to see food, kitchen appliances, gadgets specifically for the kitchen and anything else actually related to the kitchen.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please limit non-food presentations during David's cooking shows

Some would say that the TSV is a "kitchen tool".  But I agree with you...if it MUST be shown during a kitchen show, just make it a brief, 5-minute presentation.  Especially since it will be on for an hour after the show!!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I completely agree  -  get the non-kitchen/food items off the ITKWKD show.  Especially true if you're going to have him present the vacuum, computer, mattress, whatever right after the show.

I know QVC hopes to pick up a few extra sales, since they think they have a caaptive audience with DV, but that doesn't work for everyone. Lots of us just change the channel when the odd stuff comes on, and most of us don't go back to the DV show.

I admit I rarely watch DV as his silliness and little boy faces really turn me off, but when I do and he goes to a vacuum or whatever, off he goes and he stays off. Bet I'm not alone.

And I have to add, I don't give a rats rump how many of the ?? sold in his show. Doesn't motivate me at all. It's just another annoyance.

Honored Contributor

Whether the vacuum is a kitchen tool or not, I like that they present the TSV's during David's shows because I do often schedule my Sundays to watch a bit of him.  I'm want to go out and run errands now, not hang around for an hour to see what the TSV is -  and that's true many Sundays.

I also think David must attract a huge percentage of spenders versus watchers, but, of course, I just think that.  QVC has its computerts working and they know whether that's true.  They don't just imagine as I do, but I have to think I'm right just because they so often give a lot of time to almost all the TSV's on his show.

As I said to someone yesterday -  I have yet to see QVC mentioned in any finance articles about retail troubles the way I see JCP or Macys or Kohls or Sears discussed so often.  Something they are doing must be working. I know I'm helping them -  although I don't own a single Dyson.

Honored Contributor

The same thing happens with  other shows as well.....the bloom is off the rose for me when it comes to QVC......

Trusted Contributor

When Dyson is on, you know they are going to shove it down your throat all day long.  It's like Dyson has major interest in QVC.  They must sell them, but I wouldn't want a vacuum I could only depend on working more than 20 minutes at a time, and I have to hold a trigger the whole time it's running.

Valued Contributor

Re: Please limit non-fMood presentations during David's cooking shows

@Montana - I AGREE 100%.  Let's hope QVC listens to us.

I've suggested this also.  Between all the food and Dyson, the show was a total turn off.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't understand why anyone needs to watch ITKWKD to see the TSV when all you have to do is turn on QVC in the computer and it's right on top. You're on this board, thus you must have computers. Or you can watch presentations off and on all Sunday morning. How do you get this information on the other six days of the week? If you're really interested in the TSV, your color or size might be gone before DV's show.

For me, if I can't prep or cook in it or if I can't eat it, it doesn't belong in a kitchen/cooking show.  Next they'll be selling flooring, paint, wallpaper, etc. After all, we do decorate our kitchens.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree!