New Contributor

Please leave product page up, even if it sells out

Especially with beauty & hair care products, I like to go back later and view the presentations again.  But if something has sold out, I get a blank page with a message saying the product is sold out, no longer available.  Please consider leaving the pages up.

Respected Contributor

Re: Please leave product page up, even if it sells out

Leaving the product page up makes sense: it could definitely bring in future sales.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cincy girl, @insomniac2...I agree.  The product page with its information should remain available so that we can refer back and read any reviews left on the item.

However, I found that if I know the exact title or item number of a sold out product, I can enter it (adding QVC before the title or number) in a Google search and it will come up in the list.  Clicking on it brings me to the correct page with all of the information.   My guess is that the original page must be cached in the system, whereby we can still view the page through Google but not via QVC.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Esteemed Contributor

@cincy girl wrote:

Especially with beauty & hair care products, I like to go back later and view the presentations again.  But if something has sold out, I get a blank page with a message saying the product is sold out, no longer available.  Please consider leaving the pages up.

YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!  YES!

It may be currently sold out, but if I'm considering adding it to my wish list I want to review the color/scent/size choices, videos, reviews.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge I do the same thing. If it's something I'm considering, I add to my wish list, even if it's available in another size/color, than my choice. I go back many times to check on availability in my choices. Saving on wish list is something I do on many sites now. It saves impulse buying!