Contributor

Please hear us! Turning it off more and more!

Please speak to the hosts that talk way too much and over the vendors. I really can't watch and most of the time I want to see the products. They speak non stop about their personal experiences.  They talk way too fast and even over the host that they're presenting with.  Please hear us QVC.  Turning it off more and more. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Please hear us! Turning it off more and more!

Sadly, they are doing what they are paid to do. I'd rather listen to the vendor than a host tell me how many have been ordered or are left.

Honored Contributor

Doesn't matter to me because I rarely hear any of the vendors say anything I need to know except those actually explaining how to use some really new to me device. Overall, I find they each repeat themselves very frequently. I know I've been listening too much when I can mute the sound and still know what is most likely being said!

Honored Contributor

I honestly don't care one iota about the hosts' personal lives/vacations, etc. That's not now, nor never was the reason I watch any shopping channel.

Trusted Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I honestly don't care one iota about the hosts' personal lives/vacations, etc. That's not now, nor never was the reason I watch any shopping channel.

Exactly. I can imagine if they did that 30 some years ago, they never would have made it.

Respected Contributor

@surrey 

You are SO right.  It is even worse when TWO HOSTS are on-air at the same time.  It's like a competition to see who can talk the most, tell the most personal stories (TMI), brag about family, be clever with fantasy and make-believe, tell us birthday party stories, be "cool,"...tell us everything except useful product information!

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's just me. Years ago so many of the  things that the hosts do now did not bother me, now I just rarely watch. 

Too Loud

Talk too fast

Talking over each other

At times it seems like it's some sort of competition. Especially when you have two hosts. 

Endless stories about everything except the product, unless it loops right back around to their personal life. 

I understand that for the most part the hosts are probably doing what they have been instructed to do. But I barely watch anymore because of the reasons listed above. Also, the pricing is ridiculous. Yes, I know about inflation and that prices have increased everywhere, but I truly believe that for the most part the Value is no longer present. 

Contributor

Why are two hosts needed? It does not make the show more enjoyable , because they just talk over each other and try to grab the attention.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

They don't know the meaning of the word "host." Maybe they should get a crash course. Perhaps, by starting with looking up the word "host" in the dictionary.