Esteemed Contributor

Please have hosts answer the QUESTIONS on each product ON AIR.

[ Edited ]

I've always wondered why no one from QVC (especially the hosts) addresses the Questions from viewers about products. Why does QVC expect customers to answer all of the viewer's QUESTIONS? QVC has their Brand Ambassadors, their Quality Control and their hosts (who usually have samples of items).

I don't understand why the hosts aren't more informed about the products they are selling and why they need their blue Q-Card for pertinent information. It doesn't make much sense if they know what Oprah is doing!

Why doesn't each host, while preparing for their show, check on the Questions and answer them during their hour (or two) on air? Seems like a perfect time for a response to viewer's questions and would fill in time currently used for chatter about personal lives by a few hosts.

They need to stay professional and remember to sell the product and speak TO the guest. We are potential buyers; not want-to-be friends. Often I check to see what the Questions asked are and what the answers have been. Sometimes the answers make the sale. If there isn't an answer, I don't buy!

QVC is missing the boat by not insisting their hosts check the Questions prior to each presentation. I'm confident it would stop the huge Return of merchandise to QVC, which usually ends up on Clearance.

If a host had taken the time to know the product and answer the Questions, the viewers would have known the sizing problems, the wrinkle factor, the fabric fades in the laundry, how the polyester doesn't breathe, the shoes are too narrow (or wide), the handbag is too heavy, the bag is too bulky, and so much more!  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Re: Please have hosts answer the QUESTIONS on each product ON AIR.

Ooo, careful.  You will be judged as expressing something "unkind to host."  Your post will disappear.  No criticism, please, even well thought out and expressed intelligently.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

I've always wondered why no one from QVC (especially the hosts) addresses the Questions from viewers about products. Why does QVC expect customers to answer all of the viewer's QUESTIONS? QVC has their Brand Ambassadors, their Quality Control and their hosts (who usually have samples of items).

I don't understand why the hosts aren't more informed about the products they are selling and why they need their blue Q-Card for pertinent information. It doesn't make much sense if they know what Oprah is doing!

Why doesn't each host, while preparing for their show, check on the Questions and answer them during their hour (or two) on air? Seems like a perfect time for a response to viewer's questions and would fill in time currently used for chatter about personal lives by a few hosts.

They need to stay professional and remember to sell the product and speak TO the guest. We are potential buyers; not want-to-be friends. Often I check to see what the Questions asked are and what the answers have been. Sometimes the answers make the sale. If there isn't an answer, I don't buy!

QVC is missing the boat by not insisting their hosts check the Questions prior to each presentation. I'm confident it would stop the huge Return of merchandise to QVC, which usually ends up on Clearance.

If a host had taken the time to know the product and answer the Questions, the viewers would have known the sizing problems, the wrinkle factor, the fabric fades in the laundry, how the polyester doesn't breathe, the shoes are too narrow (or wide), the handbag is too heavy, the bag is too bulky, and so much mo

Are you being serious? Wow, your expectations are out of bounds. HOSTS are human beings with plenty to do....they are not programmed robots. 

Trusted Contributor

If I understand you correctly, how could the hosts possibly answer the questions in the negative, wouldn't that be defeating their cause. The reason they're there is to sell, sell, sell, they aren't employed to tell us this blouse shrinks up and comes out of the drier wrinkled. It's our job to roll the dice and take a chance on the  material. Sometimes we lose, sometimes we win. I hate getting that blouse that shinks and wrinkles up but that's the chance we take when ordering from TV.

Esteemed Contributor

The hosts and/or bran ambassadors probably cannot answer the questions regarding a product because the questions are being generated in real time during the presentation.

Trusted Contributor

Wellput, @BirkiLady . All too often, there is too much chatter & not enough info, on air and online. Sometimes I wonder if the hosts, who all seem to love to shop, would buy some of the things they present with as little information that they provide the viewers. Similar topics have been posted here but I don't think the powers-that-be are listening. It seems that more emphasis is placed on being entertaining than informative. Not to stray too far off topic, (& Idk how to make paragraphs here), but when I see Leah Williams presenting, it's such a relief. Idk how many years she's been at QVC, but Idk what her marital status is, if she has children, etc., & I don't need to know. She's pleasant, professional, informative, & approaches each item she presents through the eyes of the consumer, imo. Conversely, I know more than I care or need to know about many of the hosts, even the ones that have recently joined QVC. Maybe this new approach is working for some, but it's not for me. I still enjoy shopping here, but have changed the channel more often than ever.

Contributor

I agree Leah does a fantastic job of describing the product. She also speaks in a pleasant voice/tone and uses the correct pronunciation( does not make up words). Her professionalism is much appreciated by this viewer/shopper.
Just this morning, I was wondering where she was educated? I was thinking my niece should attend her school. If not my niece, than maybe some of the other hosts could attend ‘the school of Leah’.
Respected Contributor

Salespeople and vendor reps are not going to tell you negative things about their product; it is counterproductive to do so. Some may suggest sizing up or gentle washing, but that’s about all. I did appreciate Jill and Lisa Mason as they both were good about advising buyers without being critical of the item. For example, “if you are looking for a statement piece, this bracelet might not work.”  I am appreciative of the customers who write reviews that give the pros and cons. 

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

The hosts and/or bran ambassadors probably cannot answer the questions regarding a product because the questions are being generated in real time during the presentation.

there is plenty of time to answer inane questions from Facebook, so there is time to answer questions on the product

Honored Contributor

@Foolywooly11 wrote:

Wellput, @BirkiLady . All too often, there is too much chatter & not enough info, on air and online. Sometimes I wonder if the hosts, who all seem to love to shop, would buy some of the things they present with as little information that they provide the viewers. Similar topics have been posted here but I don't think the powers-that-be are listening. It seems that more emphasis is placed on being entertaining than informative. Not to stray too far off topic, (& Idk how to make paragraphs here), but when I see Leah Williams presenting, it's such a relief. Idk how many years she's been at QVC, but Idk what her marital status is, if she has children, etc., & I don't need to know. She's pleasant, professional, informative, & approaches each item she presents through the eyes of the consumer, imo. Conversely, I know more than I care or need to know about many of the hosts, even the ones that have recently joined QVC. Maybe this new approach is working for some, but it's not for me. I still enjoy shopping here, but have changed the channel more often than ever.

So true about Leah @Foolywooly11 .  She's a very popular host and she's good about not bringing in all her personal life info to the product presentation.  I don't know her martial status, kid status, beach house status, etc...