Respected Contributor

Re: Please get rid of the FRIYAY!

@ Montana wrote:

I think this is just the latest marketplace catch phrase. I recently got an email that began with "Satur-Yay".

See where this is headed?

WHAT say it anit so!!  Where does the madness end with this annoying saying!! LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Automatically tune out, turn off on Fridays due to the childishness and immature Yay, Yay and to hear it come from adults makes me cringe!  Now it has turned to HoliYaY, so foolish and per posters, a major turnoff! 

And now we have to be subjected to a new host, JC, who is certainly NOT professional and would have thought her gone some time ago; another reason to tune out, turn off!  

Respected Contributor

This is a major reason I refuse to watch programming on Friday. Once a word is screeched and squealed a dozen times within 2 minutes it loses its charm. I feel sorry for the hosts whom I am sure have been given the sales mandate to work this word into every presentation. I already gave up weekend viewing 3 years ago. Nothing but the TSV...all day long...again and again...ugh.

If you want to keep viewers, believe them when they tell you they are being driven away. Maybe tone it down—the viewers who love the yay thing aren’t going to quit watching if it gets toned down, and the viewers who hate it might find it more tolerable.

Trusted Contributor

Although I think it's kind of childish to be using the "YAY" term on a shopping channel, I do see it being advertised on commercials and in stores. QVC is trying to modernize itself to get younger viewers pulled in.  I think that's why they do it.

Honored Contributor

I was shopping on the Kate Spade site yesterday and what did I see at the top of the page but..Holi Yay

Trusted Contributor

Yes and please stop using the word "literally".  So sick of that and "basically". I am sure humans do not even know what those terms mean.

Super Contributor

I am usually careful to NOT weigh in on negative threads, but feel the need to add to this one in case anyone in the executive office at QVC cares to read...I think the childishness of the phrase, overuse and repetition is absurd. It DOES make me tune out. It seems to be something schoolchildren may say as they can't wait for a weekend to arrive...but as a professional who enjoys my career, I find it insulting. Really need some more mature heads to be prevailing at QVC.

Honored Contributor

I see posters are still complaining about this subject, and want it to stop just because they dont like it.  Is it silly, perhaps but its not a huge deal.  Mature?  Most likely not, but then its not earth shattering.  

To want the Q to take away a program, saying or anything else because YOU dont like it is childish, immature and selfish.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Regular Contributor

I'm sorry to say that now poor Leah has now gotten sucked into saying this ridiculous marketing word. I lost count, but after a while it got annoying.  I turned off her program this morning as a result.  It's too bad because I really like her.

Honored Contributor

I noticed this morning that Leah has a show every Friday called Fri Yay.  Corporate obviously likes it.