Trusted Contributor

Re: Please fix the packing bags - "tear along dotted line"... it doesn't work!

@mspatmac wrote:

I realize in the scheme of life it's no big deal but it annoys the heck out of me too. 

Agree. Annoying, especially when we have experienced better from QVC.   Noticed this today.  They have cheapened their bags.  They used to have the workable "tear here" strip as well as the resealable area with the silver strip we could pull off.

Respected Contributor

Those perforated bags don't work for me either.  I shake the items down and then cut across the top and after pulling the contents out, I turn the bag inside out and throw it in the trash.  The bag is usually filthy dirty like it's been drug across the ground, run over by a truck, and tossed into a massive pile of other filthy bags while being shipped.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@Sunniegirl QVC bags stink!  Sometimes literally and no they do NOT work!  

LLBean has wonderful bags that have working perforations and don't look like they were hauled in the garbage truck.  

Now how come QVC's are such a mess--just filthy!? 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The plain white bags they use now are horrible and so are the peel off labels they want you to use for returns.  How can we keep track of our purchases with those sticky labels! Must be cost effective for them but not customer friendly!  The bags are filthy and I hate to even touch them and you need scissors to open. The bags with the Q logo were thicker and not as disgusting to touch.

Respected Contributor

@KatieB 

Your response is just rude and disrespectful. Does it make you feel good to insult someone?

Respected Contributor

I've yet discovered how to open them and hesitant to open with scissors because I'm afraid I'll cut into the item. The bags are so dirty that I hate to handle them enough to make sure the inside bag is well out of the way before cutting. The dirty bags are not the fault of QVC but of the USPS; not sure what all they go through but I have noticed boxes from UPS are the same. I received a package a few weeks ago from the Q that someone had discovered how to open the bag because it was completely open, a nice even tear across the perforation, but everything inside was safe and secure. Still wondering how that happened when I've spent way too much time trying to open them but glad to see the shirt and the paperwork were both intact.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Catch71 wrote:

@KatieB 

Your response is just rude and disrespectful. Does it make you feel good to insult someone?

@Catch71   So my response to buy a pair of scissors was disrespectful and insulting ?????    SMH on this one.

Esteemed Contributor

Imo, QVC can't "fix" the packing bags. This lies with the manufacturer and who QVC is purchasing the bags from.

Respected Contributor

@KatieB   Yes, it was! 

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I'm definitely not a fan of these bags. They always look like they've been run over by the UPS truck! I cut it open, take everything out, and toss the bag. If I return something I usually use a box.  Smiley Happy

@beach-mom I agree.  My bags show up very dirty and I wonder what they have been through.  But I keep them until I am sure I am not going to return the item, because I will use those bags to send things back.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead