Super Contributor

Please fix the packing bags - "tear along dotted line"... it doesn't work!

For the past many months, when I have received a package and go to open it and it says to "tear along perferated line"....  more than 1/2 the time, it does work, you make a stretched out tear in the bag.  And how come some packages have the sliver strip on the bag that you can use  to seal if you have to return an item....  I think they are getting bags from a lot of different vendors or something...  Now I make sure to have a sissors near by....  Had to vent, just gets flustrating....    Is this happening to you?

Honored Contributor

Re: Please fix the packing bags - "tear along dotted line"... it doesn't work!

How awful.  Scissors.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree.  Tearing that perforation doesn't work well.  I'm pleased when I get a bag that has the silver strip.  Really dislike the bags you have to cut with sissors.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

How awful.  Scissors.

That's not really the point.  The packaging doesn't work as it should.

Respected Contributor

@Sunniegirl wrote:

For the past many months, when I have received a package and go to open it and it says to "tear along perferated line"....  more than 1/2 the time, it does work, you make a stretched out tear in the bag.  And how come some packages have the sliver strip on the bag that you can use  to seal if you have to return an item....  I think they are getting bags from a lot of different vendors or something...  Now I make sure to have a sissors near by....  Had to vent, just gets flustrating....    Is this happening to you?

Splurge on a pair of scissors.

Honored Contributor

I'm definitely not a fan of these bags. They always look like they've been run over by the UPS truck! I cut it open, take everything out, and toss the bag. If I return something I usually use a box.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I realize in the scheme of life it's no big deal but it annoys the heck out of me too. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sunniegirl Thank you for mentioning this. It's just a little annoyance to go get a scissors but I'd rather just tear the bag open the way it says I can. Every time I open a bag, I wind up fumbling around to get a darn scissors. Just wish it wasn't so. Every little bit of stress adds up. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

What frustrates me is my nice postman cramming those very pliable packages in my mailbox! I keep 3 pair of scissors along with a box cutter in my kitchen since that's where I open all packages. I just get the scissors out to open the Q bags - takes about 5 seconds, so no big deal for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess I never noticed a silver strip or a perforated area for opening. I just use scissors on the bags, like I do with packages from all other companies.