Trusted Contributor

Re: Please enforce corporate dress code

@SharkE wrote:

We're waiting for Shawn to come out in a pink thong.

Woman Surprised

Well, let's face it, she's probably got the body to rock it!  

And sure, 🤓Sometimes I'm dang jealous. I work hard for my size 8/10 bod and no, a pink thong wouldn't be my best look😳

Honored Contributor

Oh my, it's 2016, not 1950.  I've never seen a host wear something revealing or inappropriate.  I don't always like what they wear but that's a whole different issue.

People should focus on what they can control in themselves and stop wanting to control how others behave, dress, and talk.

Super Contributor

IF hosts are dressed by company stylists, then some of these 'stylists' should be fired!!  The host on D&Co today looked ridiculous, and its not the 1st time!!  Just wear what suits you please!!

Trusted Contributor

@Princesswife wrote:

I am so lost and confused I wish I had some wine then maybe I could understand what I read

... Easter Candy Fog.

Trusted Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I get the feeling that the o/p wouldn't be happy unless the hosts are wearing burkas.

That thought crossed my mind too.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure that Q's Corporate employees dress in a Corporate manner, however, the hosts for the programming on QVC are "show hosts".....  they are in effect on a stage/in front of a camara "performing".  As such, their dress would not fall into a Corporate "look".... far from it, they would wear the clothing, shoes and jewelry fashions that they are trying to sell.  At the very least, they would wear what is current and fashionable.

I have watched QVC since the early-mid 90's and have never seen anyone wear anything inappropriate!!  Ever!

As far as Shawn's style, she wears what's fashionable.  Off the shoulder is EVERYWHERE.  As a matter of fact a bride would be hard pressed to find something OTHER THAN a bare shoulder, bustier gown.  IMHO she always looks fine.

It would be a sad day in QVC land when/if the hosts were told to dress "Corporate".  I can't think of anything less appropriate for these shows.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

Over the years I have heard the dress code story a few times.   Recently it was said that there is a code but that on air they do not have to abide by it.  Ex:  I have heard hosts state that shoes with the toes showing are not allowed except on air.   Much of this probably is an insurance issue.  They work around heavy moving equipment and accidents can happen.  I would hate to have Jane T's golf cart run over my toes trying to get her to the next stage in a hurry.  There are jokes about the rides they take getting from stage to stage.  At my job I was required to wear steel toed shoes whenever I went to the warehouse.  I bought Chuck Taylor steel toed sneakers.  Still have them.  ;-}   They passed the rules.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

I don't see why OP got so much snark.  Everyone has a right to her opinion.  I respect that she has high standards and am glad that some uphold those standards.  They add to our society even if they are no longer the norm.  I certainly would rather live in OP's world than with those marauding parents at the Easter egg hunt that was in the news and posted here.

Snark?  I think she was addressed very respectfully, especially considering her outdated, narrow viewpoint.  This isn't about ill-behaved parents or Easter egg hunts.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Huh?  Is this for real?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Should have waited until 4/1 to post.