Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please enforce corporate dress code

I've thought some hosts' outfits were too tight and revealing at times.  I especially think the outfit should be appropriate for the items being presented.  For example, I once thought it was silly to see a female host wearing a long dress and high heels while selling a vacuum cleaner.  I also think some of the jewelry shows are strange with the hosts dressed in evening gowns suited for the red carpet while selling inexpensive bronze pieces.

Esteemed Contributor

@Princesswife wrote:

I am so lost and confused I wish I had some wine then maybe I could understand what I read

I don't think even a entire bottle would help!

Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

What what????  Someone has been sipping too much wine with their Easter dinner.

If The Q is "risque"............I'm sure wine is forbidden................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@dfyre wrote:

I, too, was unaware that QVC had a "corporate dress code" for their hosts/hostesses. Seriously? They are dressed by company stylists for the most part and sometimes it's pretty obvious they aren't real happy about what they are given to wear for some presentations.  I've never seen anyone I considered inappropriately dressed. If you are offended, maybe you just shouldn't watch.

Maybe you need to concentrate more on what your church congregation wears and complain directly to the pastor?

Perhaps you should inquire of the hosts who've shared the existence and particulars this dress code. It is significant enough to them for them to mention it on air. Those viewers who watch and listen just might share their views on this subject.  

One's being unaware of an issue does not negate or mitigate that concern. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most corporations no longer have dress codes.  They're archaic and they're  bound to step on someone's civil rights.  Ever try to write a dress code?  I did and nearly made myself crazy; trying to enforce it is even worse.  Just try telling a young female that she can't wear a Laura Ashley print jumpsuit because it makes her look like Little Bo Peep.  I'm so glad to be retired!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Most corporations no longer have dress codes.  They're archaic and they're  bound to step on someone's civil rights.  Ever try to write a dress code?  I did and nearly made myself crazy; trying to enforce it is even worse.  Just try telling a young female that she can't wear a Laura Ashley print jumpsuit because it makes her look like Little Bo Peep.  I'm so glad to be retired!

Where I worked, some women wore extra-snug spandex outfits.    They brought a note from their doctors saying they were "compression garments".     I am not joking.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi  Did the doctor specify what condition these garments were supposed to compress?  I'd insist on knowing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I've never, ever hear any host speake of a corporate dress code.  Never, Why would they?  OP, if you did a several ocassions hear then please give the host and the year.  I'm not getting the connection from QVC to parish/temple to parchocial school.  The only that I have noticed that when some of the female hosts wear a Q garment sometimes it is ill-fitting.

Who did what, OP?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi  Did the doctor specify what condition these garments were supposed to compress?  I'd insist on knowing.

@Kachina624   Probably against the law to ask questions about "that stuff"!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I could not resist.

The devil made me do it!

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."