Honored Contributor

Re: Please enforce corporate dress code

I've never, ever seen a host or vendor wear anything inappropriate.

Maybe we don't all agree on what "appropriate" is, but too often these terms are only applied to women. We only ask women to cover themselves in order to make other people feel comfortable.

Frankly, dictating what other women wear is what makes me uncomfortable. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I've never, ever seen a host or vendor wear anything inappropriate.

Maybe we don't all agree on what "appropriate" is, but too often these terms are only applied to women. We only ask women to cover themselves in order to make other people feel comfortable.

Frankly, dictating what other women wear is what makes me uncomfortable. 

Not to mention dictating what an organization (or govt?) should do based on one individual's personal beliefs and mores, because the ever-lovin' *I* is and should be ALL. It's always all about the I for way too many these days.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Karnerblue--this topic needed a good laugh.....thanks!

Honored Contributor

That is not what was said, they said open toed shoes can only be worn by on air hosts, every one in the back office" needed to wear closed toed shoes. 

If you are going to quote someone to hold up your discussion make sure you facts are correct

@CoG wrote:

Twice within hours seasoned QVC hosts shared details of QVC corporate dress code.  Both Leah and Jayne told us that open toed shoes are not appropriate for their own corporate setting.  The organization has every right to insist their employees respect their environment. 

Shouldn't they also respect our homes?  When I look up into someone's underarm and bare chest spread across a 42 inch screen it is unbidden, unwelcomed.  If tattered jeans are offensive to PTB in their space, shouldn't they consider that tube tops and strapless sundresses and wide shots of  behinds in skin tight leggings, especially  in situations that certainly do not call for them, are offensive to me? 

Not all QVC viewers are from permissive, lesse faire, anything goes backgrounds. For some, standards of country, church, academia, community  dictate respect for oneself and one's neighbor.  If these standards are upheld in the QVC workplace can there not be some modulation of what is broadcast into the viewers' homes?  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.