Honored Contributor

Re: Please enforce corporate dress code

@Kachina624 wrote:

A model wearing a bra shows no more than a model wearing the top of a 2-piece bathing suit.  

I think a few here may be just a wee bit behind the times.  If there was a swell of complaints from the public, exposure would cease but it's obvious it's a non-issue.  I'm much more concerned about the sexual innuendo and language I see and hear.

I wear a bathing suit top and Daisy Dukes in my own yard........didn't think I was giving the neighbors a heart attack (!)   I hardly think they're looking at an old bat anyway...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I don't recall finding any of the host clothing to be "inappropriate".  However, I find that in many cases they are dressing way more casually than I would expect for this venue.  An example:  Jayne this morning.  But there have been other recent cases of very, very casual clothing.  JMHO.

Honored Contributor

I am all for a certain degree of modesty.....especially for school dress codes and professional work places.  I can't say I have seen many instances where I thought the models or qvc hosts were dressed inappropriately.  I, however, don't watch as much as I once did as I prefer to go to the video's online.

I am not fond of seeing bras and panties modeled on QVC.  I feel that is a bit much for a shopping channel that is family oriented.  I would feel the same way about very skimpy bathing suits being modeled. 

Honored Contributor

@Venezia well said! I totally agree with you.  

Respected Contributor

@kmax

I can remember when we ( women's college ) had to wear a trench coat over slacks in the main halls...now it's a non-issue.  Thank goodness things do change for the better !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

I think the hosts dress very nice. Sometimes quirky but they always look appropriate. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@CoG wrote:

Perhaps private parochial schools and institutes of higher learning, a body of parishioners, professional training, disciplined prestigious career are not your frame of reference.  Those are the formative influences for others.  

But they probably aren't the frames of reference for most and they pretty clearly don't apply to a TV shopping enterprise... For better or worse, QVC is trying to cast a wide net and appeal to the lowest common denominator...

My only real complaint is I'd like to see the hosts uniformly dress better and, at times, a tad less casually... One, in particular, occasionally shows up like she's headed out to a Rave after her show... Otherwise, if modesty is the concern, I'm not seeing it.

@stevieb @Kachina624  ITA---I would like to see some of the hosts wear more "put together outfits"......and concur one in particular looks like she must've been camping out at the beach and drove into QVC wearing that attire.....And I don't like to see a host wearing a strapless dress and then pulling it up  ....WEAR SOMETHING ELSE IF YOU HAVE TO FIDDLE WITH IT!!!

And @Kachina624  seeing the QVC models wearing Breezies bras is a LOT more MODEST than what most of the so called celebrities wear these days..................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's unrealistic for the OP to expect the majority of people to agree with her very austere sensibilities regarding appropriate dress.  

I may not choose to wear what some of the Q hosts wear, but I don't find anything at all offensive or inappropriate or immodest about the way they dress.  In this century, a bare shoulder is not offensive.  Also, most of the clothing items sold on Q are on the casual side so it stands to reason that the hosts dress casually.

As far as models in bras goes, I am not offended in the least, but I fail to see the purpose in using a live model for underwear.  I don't give a fig what a bra looks like on a perfect model as opposed to a mannequin.  It's not an outfit after all.  You don't need to see how it "wears" and moves.

Honored Contributor

@CoG wrote:

Periodically we hear a host reference QVC employee standards for workplace attire.  Once the reference was to pant length, another bare shoulders, i seem to remember mention of distressed (ripped and tattered) jeans, open sandals.  When we watch the hosts in HD across 60 inch screens, the very factors that make a particular choice of attire inappropriate for the workplace flood our private spaces.  

Please ask hosts to respect our space and sensibilities.  Many of us still attend mass, synagogue or temple.  Some women still wear their hair covered in mantilla or silk scarf our of reverence for the "house"'s owner. For some, dictates of modesty extend out of the church into the community.  We cover our bodies out of respect for the place and its occupants. While rare to see a nun in full habit these days you will never see undue exposure even with today's relaxed, modern, mode of dress.

Instructors in parochial and preparatory schools teach our daughters to follow the same dictates of decency. Public schools in many districts have adopted uniforms as the standard. Parents then are seen as hypocrites as they allow into their homes broadcasts, for hours, of demonstrations of household goods or apparel enacted by adult women in tube tops and short skirts.   

Before anyone decides to label this concern prudish, I think QVC's presentations of undergarments superb, tasteful, helpful, never tawdry or crass.  There's a supermodel who tastefully bares shoulders and arms to best exhibit the benefits of her products.  As in military active duty, it is the perception of impropriety that constitutes the infraction.  

Feel better?

Trusted Contributor

I have never seen anything, worn by the Host's that was remotely inappropriate or offensive. 

As as for modeling underwear(I know not the OP's concern )I certainly have no problem with it. I've never seen any underwear that was was overly revealing.  Not like QVC is offering Frederick's of Hollywood❤️

The OP, is entitled to her feelings, like we all are.  I have to wonder, though, with such a rigid attitude, what she watches on TV, that doesn't offend her?