Honored Contributor

Re: Please enforce corporate dress code

@qbetzforreal wrote:

I've never, ever hear any host speake of a corporate dress code.  Never, Why would they?  OP, if you did a several ocassions hear then please give the host and the year.  I'm not getting the connection from QVC to parish/temple to parchocial school.  The only that I have noticed that when some of the female hosts wear a Q garment sometimes it is ill-fitting.

Who did what, OP?

I'm just as confused.  I can't imagine a host, speaking on air about their dress code!  Lol...they are there to sell, sell, sell products, not tell us about company rules!

Valued Contributor

I have never seen any of the hosts wear anything inappropriate, I don't know what you are thinking about, please explain what you meant.

Respected Contributor

I find the use of live models for undergarments inappropriate and offensive.  Bring back the mannequins!

Trusted Contributor

Perhaps private parochial schools and institutes of higher learning, a body of parishioners, professional training, disciplined prestigious career are not your frame of reference.  Those are the formative influences for others.  

Honored Contributor

@CoG wrote:

Perhaps private parochial schools and institutes of higher learning, a body of parishioners, professional training, disciplined prestigious career are not your frame of reference.  Those are the formative influences for others.  

But they probably aren't the frames of reference for most and they pretty clearly don't apply to a TV shopping enterprise... For better or worse, QVC is trying to cast a wide net and appeal to the lowest common denominator...

My only real complaint is I'd like to see the hosts uniformly dress better and, at times, a tad less casually... One, in particular, occasionally shows up like she's headed out to a Rave after her show... Otherwise, if modesty is the concern, I'm not seeing it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

A model wearing a bra shows no more than a model wearing the top of a 2-piece bathing suit.  

I think a few here may be just a wee bit behind the times.  If there was a swell of complaints from the public, exposure would cease but it's obvious it's a non-issue.  I'm much more concerned about the sexual innuendo and language I see and hear.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

if the higher ups at qvc feel like the hosts are NOT wearing appropriate attire, then i suppose they would speak with the host and/or the stylists. i cannot say i have ever seen a host that was "inappropriately attired" for a shopping channel job.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

Not to long ago Jane Treacy was remincising about when she first started at the Q and they had a dress code and they had to get permission to wear slacks.   I think the OP only heard what she wanted to hear and not what Jane was actually saying.  30 years ago, 1986, every place had a dress code!   Remember 30 years ago when you'd put on your pantyhose and long legged girdile, slip, blouse, skirt  with matching jacket and 3 inch heels and matching handbag.....oh my gosh I don't miss those days at all!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps years ago there was a dress code.  From what I have seen some hosts wearing it seems that is long gone.

Honored Contributor

@CoG wrote:

I don't think anyone's religious "frame of reference" should have anything to do with how the hosts on a shopping channel dress.

If what you are watching offends you, stop watching.  You can always do your shopping online.  Don't blame a shopping channel for having a negative impact on your children, when it's your responsibility to switch off anything you deem inappropriate.

Please don't try to impose your personal choices on anyone else.  And don't try to imply that others have lower standards than you, just because they don't agree.  That's how I read your words and I find it to be rather insulting.