Trusted Contributor

Please, don't try to suck on a mint, and present items!

The host that is on now has a nasty habit of sucking (loudly) on a mint when she's on air.  It would be far less offensive if she would stop and take a sip of water, than have to listen to her sucking on those mints.  When she's not sucking (loudly) on the mint, you hear her smacking it, and rolling it around her mouth.  It just sounds gross!  What part of not talking with your mouth full did she not learn as a child?

Honored Contributor

Re: Please, don't try to suck on a mint, and present items!

I must say I've never noticed a host sucking on a mint.  I'm missing all the good stuff.  Anyone else notice this?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I never noticed any host exhibiting this. I do remember Lisa R sometimes talked about Altoids but it was never obvious. Now hosts tasting food sometimes can be noticeable with a term I coin as "smouching" ( basically smacking sounds)

Frequent Contributor

OMG what are you talking about  I watch Amy all the time never have I heard her smacking you must have strange noises in your room .

Honored Contributor

Hard to imagine Amy doing that as she's very professional.  Perhaps the OP has some interference on her TV?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

It can't be Amy.  She talks a mile a minute and bounces all over the place.

Respected Contributor

Perhaps you have a mouse in the wall.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

She just sounds gross!  She needs to get that mint out of her mouth!  She is not the least bit professional with that in her mouth!  It's hard enough to understand her!

Esteemed Contributor

Are you talking about Kathleen Kirkwood? I thought for a moment that she was actually chewing gum! I don't think she was....but maybe it was a mint I was hearing. Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 no, never.  Except for Lisa who used to eat Altoids all the time, but it really was not that noticeable.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."