Super Contributor

Please don't tape shipping labels to outside of box!

I got two boxes from QVC yesterday and they both had the shipping label taped on top of the box right over the opening of the box.  I usually slit the top of the box open but you can't do that when the shipping label is taped on top.  Then you still have to get to the shipping label that is now glued or adhered to the sticky stuff and you can't get the label free without tearing it or doing great damage to it, which happened yesterday.  I have to print another label....I like it when a shipping label is INSIDE the box.  But then I also did have instance when the shipping label is inside a BAG and the label with the return label gets stuck either on the inside of the bag or the item's plastic bag.  and you can't get it loose...another label to print. MEH!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please don't tape shipping labels to outside of box!

[ Edited ]

A sharper blade (to open the box through the label) and a roll of tape (to put the label back together) will fix this.  Without raising shipping costs. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

When it's on the outside I either cut/slit open the clear plastic bag type thing that the label is in or just remove the whole brown envelope that contains the label. Then I open the box.

Respected Contributor

@plmokn  The reason they are sometimes on the outside is because the item was "pre-boxed" before the orders were even taken on it.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@plmokn, please explain what you mean by "shipping label." Obviously, the shipping label has to be on the outside of the package in order to know its destination. So I'm thinking you are talking about some other label. Can you explain, please?

Super Contributor

how about:  turn the box over and open the bottom of the box.  this leaves the shipping label untouched.  

Valued Contributor

This is just the latest irratating thing QVC has started. What is going on with this business? They need to refresh themselves on what the Q means, what the V means and what the C means. Convenience is not there when you have to struggle with your invoices and labels.

Honored Contributor

The shipping label on an envelope with the invoice inside is easy to just rip off of the box.  The invoice is not damage by doing that.  Then open the box with a cutter.

Esteemed Contributor

It's safe where it is.  If INSIDE the box you might mistakenly throw it out in the trash.  I just grab the brown envelope and SNAP it off the box - then take a utility knife and slice open the box.

Why such a big deal?

Respected Contributor

@plmokn  I would open the box from the bottom instead of the top if their label covers the top of the box opening. 

......You look like I need a drink.....