Trusted Contributor

Re: Please don't tape shipping labels to outside of box!

@plmokn  I agree with you. I received a box Tuesday, a knife. It was obvious the knife was pre-boxed so the mailing label and return label were throughly taped to one side.  I had to open both ends of the box to push the knife out. It was hard to get thru all of the tape to get to the labels.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@LexaMom wrote:

I wouls be ticked if my labels were taped on the outside of the box where everyone could see what I ordered plus all the other info on my account 

At least the account info and order list is folded under the address-to.. so nobody would see it unless they rip off the label.

My invoice was adhered to the box totally flat with ALL order info showing.

It wasn't taped. 

The back had adhesive, and it was stuck to the box.

It was NOT in a plastic sleeve or brown envelope.

Just a big 'ole invoice sticker on a cardboard box.

I only received the L&L TSV box this way so far.

My second L&L purchase came yesty and the invoice was inside the box as previous.

Honored Contributor

Q is using a new 3 part sticky label.  I think this is what @plmokn is referring to.  The 3rd part is stuck to the box, therefore, you can't cut thru it OR peel off😡.  And worse the shipping label (#1 part) was actually on side of box & actual invoice (#2 part) was exposed with all my information☹️😡

EFB4D9C9-F3FE-4A1B-98AE-D4730C75814A.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My neighbor just brought my package over...LNLs.

so much for the nice 3 part label - guess UPS driver couldn't see address😯 and took a pic of the box...as you can see the TOP label is hanging on!

B450686B-2B64-4C9A-9C8C-D5CFAF796C1C.jpeg

Valued Contributor

I agree these glued on labels are impossible to remove. I very, very carefully work at removing the labels (Invoices) but have never succeeded in removing without tearing at least part of this shipping invoice.  Whatever parts finally come off are covered with adhesive, so cannot be set down, neither on my stack of qvc receipts (invoices...whatever you call them), nor even on my desk.  One is essentially holding a piece of adhesive tape.

Whoever came up with this type of invoice has rocks in their head.

Valued Contributor

Just got this today.  You can see where I was able to lift it off of the box opening,  but I'm not always that fortunate.label1 (NXPowerLite Copy).jpg

Valued Contributor

I do not mean to sound argumentive, but again, this is not what some of us have experienced with the labels. They literally are taped down with no clear covering nor envelopes. What a mess when they come like that. There is no salvaging the ticket. Next time I get a package like that QVC's  customer service ears are really going to burn.

Esteemed Contributor

@plmokn This is the suggestion box. Do you have a suggestion?

I haven’t experienced any of the things mentioned here. At least one sounds impossible. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

The same thing happened to me. I need to return the item so I went online and printed a return label. I shouldn’t have to do that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just received one that has all three labels on it. I still don't see what the problem is. I already knew I was keeping what was inside, so I did slit the box down the label. But I also peeled each one to show that the labels easily lift.

1st of three labels

IMG_3800.jpg

Peeled the top one of where the arrow is on the bottom right to get to the 2nd of 3 labels

IMG_3802.jpg

Peeled the 2nd label to get to the 3rd of 3 labels

IMG_3803.jpg

Had I wanted to send the item back, I would have just taped up the area where I slit it open.....OR....not slit it open until I had peeled the third one off, which I was able to do too. But, as I said, I knew I was going to keep what was inside so I slit it open before I took the photos.