Valued Contributor

Please discontinue using new peel and stick labels

For a few items that I've received from QVC lately, there's a new all-in-one label that includes the shipping label to me, the actual invoice and then a return label in case you need to return the item.  They are all stuck together in one huge mess and they're hard to peel apart should you need a copy of your invoice or need to return an item.  They are not helpful at all.  I have an item I am wanting to return and the return form that I'm supposed to complete and place in the box is totally sticky on the back.  I put it in the box along with the item I'm returning, but I just had to stick it to the item.  Please discontinue to use of this new label!

Honored Contributor

Re: Please discontinue using new peel and stick labels

I don't know if I understand what the OP is saying.  For a long time QVC has had peel and stick labels.

I love it when I can do/use those.  Otherwise I have to tape down the return label because there's no sticky on the back of it.

I have to use an exacto knife or scissors to cut out the return label and then use lots of tape putting it on the return package.

I (unfortunately) have to return quite a few items...constantly.  Why?  Because I've gained weight in my gut/fat stomach.  It isn't always easy to find something that doesn't look terrible.

I physically can't shop in stores so I rely on QVC to look nice.  It's order and throw caution to the wind.

Same thing with shoes.  I've finally stopped ordering them.  I wear a size 11 most of the time and my feet have been swelling and while those shoes look great on those 'models' they don't work for me.  No one's fault, they don't work.

It would be nice if the models would walk around in those shoes instead of standing still the entire time....but it doesn't appear it's going to happen so I've given up requesting it.  Same thing for the clothes, they barely move in the things....Oh!  Well!

Getting back to the labels.  I don't know if I'm understanding the OP, but I like it when I don't have to use tons of tape to put the return label back on.

It is difficult to remove the labels QVC puts on the boxes so I can put THEIR RETURN labels on them, but that's my problem.  (I've gotten pretty good at getting those suckers off).

That's my 2 cents worth and I'm sticking to my side of it. 

Just kidding but I do like the sticky return labels.  Sometimes they are so wrinkled and crushed up being thrown into the package.

But I also understand these people probably are being watched at how quickly they can get the packages out, so I understand they will get crunched up......that's (as I tell Bill the cat)....(in a baby voice..."That's O'TAY Billy!  That's O'tay!"

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe the OP is describing the clear plastic adhesive strip that is now being used to attach the shipping label and associated documentation to many boxes instead of the windowed envelopes that were previously used.

The newer approach is essentially a piece of glorified packing tape adhered to a piece of plain paper that has the customer's shipping address details, the product invoice, and the prepaid return label and return slip all on the same single page. The one-page approach is fine, but this new plastic adhesive sticks very firmly to the page and makes it quite difficult to separate the pieces so you can cut off the return slip or use the prepaid return label. I've experienced several instances where attempts to remove the adhesive resulted in parts of the page tearing away completely, even when being extremely careful. I definitely agree that this is a frustrating change.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 - Have you tried Zappos and Amazon for shoes? They make the process of ordering and returning really easy, they ship things quickly (overnight for many Zappos purchases, all of which ship for FREE), and there are plenty of detailed reviews to help you decide what might work for you. Good luck...

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

I believe the OP is describing the clear plastic adhesive strip that is now being used to attach the shipping label and associated documentation to many boxes instead of the windowed envelopes that were previously used.

The newer approach is essentially a piece of glorified packing tape adhered to a piece of plain paper that has the customer's shipping address details, the product invoice, and the prepaid return label and return slip all on the same single page. The one-page approach is fine, but this new plastic adhesive sticks very firmly to the page and makes it quite difficult to separate the pieces so you can cut off the return slip or use the prepaid return label. I've experienced several instances where attempts to remove the adhesive resulted in parts of the page tearing away completely, even when being extremely careful. I definitely agree that this is a frustrating change.

No, that's not what I was talking trying to describe although I don't like the clear plastic adhesive that you're talking about either.  I've also found that the clear plastic is coated with a sticky substance so that when you try to remove the invoice, it's just stuck to the glue on the clear plastic liner which usually results in the invoice being totally ruined.

What I'm talking about is a shipping label that is on the outside of a box as it always has been; however, if you need to return the item, you have to peel off the shipping label and underneath it is your invoice and the return shipping label.  Luckily, I've only received a few packages with this new label format, but I was dealing with it today and everything (including the return instructions that you have to fill out and include with your returned item) is sticky on the back.  It's like everything has glue on it now and it's not easy to deal with.  I'm hoping QVC isn't planning on using this type of label more often because it's a royal pain.

Esteemed Contributor

@sueeich - That labeling doesn't sound fun, either. Out of curiosity, what type of item was that style of label attached to? (The clear adhesive ones I described were all on home and kitchen item boxes.)

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

@sueeich - That labeling doesn't sound fun, either. Out of curiosity, what type of item was that style of label attached to? (The clear adhesive ones I described were all on home and kitchen item boxes.)

It was a kitchen item, plastic plates and cups.  I think they might be using it because they feel it's "convenient" for the customer because the return shipping label is already attached to the box.  The big problem is the invoice that is sandwiched between the shipping label and the return shipping label - it's covered with glue on both the back and front so when you are trying to complete the return instructions form you have to try and write on top of sticky glue.  And then when you place the return label back into the box, where do you place a sticky mess?

Honored Contributor

Wherever this sticky stuff is, just affix it to a blank piece of paper cut to size.  

New Contributor

I agree. DISCONTINUE IT. This new sticky return label is a pain. I had to look for something to stick it/store it on. Tried removing it and it ripped apart what I stuck it too. (It came on a kitchen item that I had purchased.) The older return label was a better design.

Honored Contributor

Stick it to a piece of paper.  Duh.  (Sorry for that, snarky, eh?)