Honored Contributor

Re: Please change default setting back for purchases

@shaggygirl .........I could be confused its not uncommon these days.

I was referring to when autopay is chosen but the buyer wanted to pay it all at one time.  She could go into the autopay on her account and pay the payments all at once.  I have done it before.  I hope this makes sense.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

These complaints are surprising to me.

I finally got the "new" checkout for the first time this week. 

Visually, the whole layout is different, with bigger bolder print and more blank space on the page to improve readability.

And who (I asked myself) could miss that big green EDIT button?

I tapped the button just out of curiosity.

But the surprise for me is everyone saying it didn't default to easy pay in the past. 

Mine did... always.

As to the perception this is a sudden changover with no warning, QVC notified posters about the new checkout last summer. Very sorry you missed the chats about this coming,  @Jersey Born .

Esteemed Contributor

What I find interesting is before the check-out process was updated, it automatically defaulted to the customer paying for the item in full.

Guess what?

People complained that the default wasn't on Easy-Pay!

Now that the default is on Easy-Pay, guess what?

People are still complaining!

QVC can't win for loosing.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I think this is a fair request.  I don't understand those who are complaining about the complainer.

What if someone doesn't watch QVC but is simply making an online purchase, as they would on Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc.?  He or she wouldn't know what "easy-pay" is, and might skip right past the edit button.  You can say they're stupid, but I can see my 80-year-old mother doing this.

Valued Contributor

How about paying attention to the 30 second checkout process and showing a little responsibility for how you spend your money. I’m going to go out on a limb here and assert that the “default” settings in any given circumstance are the settings which have been proven to be the most popular ones, perhaps?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jersey Born, not to sound mean, it's not my intention, but this is why it's aways wise to read what your doing especially if you haven't done it before.  The first time I used the new check out I didn't like it either.  I found it confusing beyound belief.  I had to take twice the time to get through it because I had to read everything several times to figure out what I was doing but that's the key, you have to take the time to read through it, if you do that It's not hard to understand..  Now I like it much better than the old check out as everything is on the same page,  cc charges , ship to changes and easy pay/ no easy pay..  It's one of tthe few "new improvements" that they have made that I do like.