Contributor

Please carry Dresden Porcelain again!

Is anybody out there with me on this? I purchased several Easter figures and eggs years ago and they, unfortunately, never made it to me in my last move. Having a very hard time finding any elsewhere. Q had a great selection and I sure wish they still sold them!
Respected Contributor

Re: Please carry Dresden Porcelain again!

[ Edited ]

I have enough figurines that no longer interest me.

I don’t need or want to collect anything else. The estate / antique stores in my area are loaded with this merchandise that sits unsold month after month.

Valued Contributor

YES YES YES!  I would LOVE to see QVC sell Irish Dresden again!  I have an Easter piece which is probably like one you had, and also a beautiful winter snow maiden I purchased on QVC which I so treasure.  I want to purchase new, not recycled in antique stores, and the Q used to offer beautiful, unique pieces on their St. Patty's day shows.  Boy those were the gold old days, and I would love to see them come back!!!  Also, Capodimonte. 

Honored Contributor

if you love something that makes you happy,.,.that's wonderful.  For me, no, these are the collectibles and tchotchkes that I am burdened with releasing.  I no longer have a desire to clutter my life.  My priorities have changed.

Respected Contributor

There are a few thousand pieces available on ebay.

Honored Contributor

@Moonie   I don't own any Dresden, and I'm not a collector of things like that.  However, I did always enjoy watching the presentations, listening to the vendor, and admiring the workmanship.  So I'm with you - if QVC sold it again, I would watch the presentations which I always enjoyed, even though I was not interested in buying anything.  I also knew others who would like that, and if I needed a gift for them, I would consider the Dresden for them.

I miss a lot of the 24 hr. St. Pat's Day and Rose of Tralee items the vendors would bring, even though I mostly purchased the sweaters from those shows and not much else, although I also have a Waterford vase from one of the shows.   It was a nice twice-yearly break from the usual products and vendors and I always enjoyed the shows.  I'm happy the Irish shows have been trimmed down so much that many of the vendors don't come any more with the products that were out-of-the-usual for QVC.  I thought those days were refereshing and different.  I esp. enjoyed the vendors because their sales styles were so different from the vendors whom I now tune out (so much so that I do my QVC shopping almost exclusively online).