Honored Contributor

Please bring back the food offerings with tins

I love the various food items through the years that came offered at holiday time, with pretty tins. In the past it included such items as My Grandma's Coffee Cakes, Russell Stover candy (I see they are back this year after none last), Harry London Chocolates (best tins ever) etc. 

I'm sure cost and supply chain are the issues. But if you could please get back to offering more of your holiday food products in the nice quality tins, I know I'd be buying more.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please bring back the food offerings with tins

I was disappointed this year that the Lindt truffles were not offered separated according to flavors in separate bags.  That made gift giving so much easier as I could easily and quickly match a flavor with a recipient.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I love food tins and always have a nice collection.

Are you are aware that beutiful tins are available out there in the marketplace?

I buy them from 50 cents to about $2 for the large ones.  I fill 

them with goodies before I gift them to my family and friends.

Often tins cause food items to be way more expensive than they should be.  After the holidays, the tins are sold at half price.  I always stock up then.

Even the dollar stores often have nice tins.

Honored Contributor

Tins are a lot more expensive than cardboard boxes.  With that cost plus the increased costs of sugar, flour and other ingredients, I'm sure they're concerned about too high a price point.  I, too, miss the tins and have one right beside me in which I keep my chairside snacks.  (keeps dogs and other varmints out of my treats)

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Sadly, the tins would add so much more cost, and perhaps cost MORE than the items inside the tins.

Take a look 

Per TON prices of tin:

I only went back to 2018.

It is estimated that the tin price will peak at $41,000 per metric ton in 2022.

Price for refined tin from 2015 to 2024 (in U.S. dollars per metric ton):

Characteristic Price in U.S. dollars per metric ton
Respected Contributor

I find tins of all kinds at thrift stores. They are sportiness inside and it is clear the owner took out the contents right after receiving it and then donated the tin. I have found some beautifuk ones to out gifts in but they were so nice I kept them for myself! The ones from England are the nicest from what I have seen.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I love food tins and always have a nice collection.

Are you are aware that beutiful tins are available out there in the marketplace?

I buy them from 50 cents to about $2 for the large ones.  I fill 

them with goodies before I gift them to my family and friends.

Often tins cause food items to be way more expensive than they should be.  After the holidays, the tins are sold at half price.  I always stock up then.

Even the dollar stores often have nice tins.

Lots of nice ones at thrifts stores around here at certain times too!

Honored Contributor

Schwans used to package their vanilla ice cream in Currier & Ives tins during the holidays.