Honored Contributor

Please add a low hip measurement for tops to the Click Here

Please add a low hip measurement for tops to the Click Here. It is impossible to know if a top will fit in the hip area with no measurements given. The opening at the bottom of the garment is different than the curcumference at the low hip. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Please add a low hip measurement for tops to the Click Here

Depending on the style and intended fit of a top, I'm not sure how they can do that, since everyone's lower hip isn't in the same place. Usually, the bottom opening is the widest part of a top, so that garment measurement should be enough to help choose the correct size.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D @Caffeina  ITA with Caffeina. It would be impossible to measure every garment as body sizes vary so much.

Honored Contributor

I am hippy and also feel the need for a lower hip measurement in all my clothes. 

Super Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

Depending on the style and intended fit of a top, I'm not sure how they can do that, since everyone's lower hip isn't in the same place. Usually, the bottom opening is the widest part of a top, so that garment measurement should be enough to help choose the correct size.

Agree @Caffeina , probably not practical.

Frequent Contributor

Traditionally the hip measurement is 6 inches below the natural waist. So the low hip could be 7 or 8 inches be below that point, or where the top of the thigh would fall.

People without hips or who are not pear-shaped do not understand the importance of that measurement. I too, am a member of that club!

Great suggestion!