Honored Contributor

Re: Please, a hot dog that is NOT all beef.

Most stores have turkey dogs, also. What I hate about hot dogs is the sodium content. If I'm boiling hot dogs I make a slit in them , so, the salt, boils out.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Most stores have turkey dogs, also. What I hate about hot dogs is the sodium content. If I'm boiling hot dogs I make a slit in them , so, the salt, boils out.

@SharkE   I can't believe so many people have chimed in to snark at you!  Honestly, did everyone get up on the wrong side of the bed today?  Is it the weather?  LOL!!!!  I know I'm crabby for watching for tornadoes! 

But at least you know now that grocery stores sell hot dogs!  Aren't you amazed?  I know I am!  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   think you have me mixed up with shabby girl who started the thread.

(I'm used to getting snarked, but, not today LOL)

Frequent Contributor

Obviously a number of you have never eaten a Kansas Steak Co. hot dog; because they are delicious!!!  Yes, I know there are grocery stores, yes, I know there are numerous kinds of hot dogs.  A sausage is not a hot dog.  Most hot dogs at the grocery store offer both beef and pork  Ball Park, Armour, Oscar Meyer, etc.  The dogs on QVC are more gourmet and much much larger.  My apologies for starting this thread.  My goodness, it was a suggestion for other options.  Never again.   

ENJOY YOU HOLIDAY GRILLING THOSE HOTDOGS!

Respected Contributor

@Southern Classy wrote:

Obviously a number of you have never eaten a Kansas Steak Co. hot dog; because they are delicious!!!  Yes, I know there are grocery stores, yes, I know there are numerous kinds of hot dogs.  A sausage is not a hot dog.  Most hot dogs at the grocery store offer both beef and pork  Ball Park, Armour, Oscar Meyer, etc.  The dogs on QVC are more gourmet and much much larger.  My apologies for starting this thread.  My goodness, it was a suggestion for other options.  Never again.   

ENJOY YOU HOLIDAY GRILLING THOSE HOTDOGS!

No apologies for your hot dog thread! It’s a free country! Speak your mind! It was completely harmless.

Honored Contributor

@Southern Classy- Don't apologize.  You made a perfectly reasonable suggestion.  That's the point of the suggestion forum; so that QVC can get an idea of what its customers want.

As to being attacked for making a suggestion:  been there, done that!  I refuse to let it stop me posting what and when I want.

I hope you have a good day.

Occasional Contributor

Did it ever occur to some of you jumping on this poster that not everyone has the convenience of supermarkets and warehouse clubs in their area? There are plenty of rural communities where you have to drive quite a bit to the nearest supermarket and the convenience of ordering food online or from a shopping network is a great option.  And auto-delivery or subscribe and save are quite convenient and helpful.

Geesh...

Honored Contributor

It's easy to find quality pork, chicken, turkey hotdogs at any grocery store and higher end grocery stores.  It's not as easy to find quality beef hot dogs.  

Respected Contributor

uRe: Please, a hot dog that is NOT all beef.

I have never bought meat from a shopping channel or online! Why not go to the store and get what you want?

Honored Contributor

Re: uRe: Please, a hot dog that is NOT all beef.

You can get what you want from a big supermarket to a little sandwich shop.  Gazillion ways to make hot dogs.  From Turkey to Beef to Soy.