Honored Contributor

Re: Please Try and Keep Forum Topics in Listed Catagories

@millieshops wrote:

With my second cuppa of the day, I come to Forums -  I click into View All Forum Topics and read from that list.  

Maybe once in a month I'm looking for something specific and I surf into a specific category.   Definitely not something I do often enough for me to question anyone's choice of where they want to post. 

@millieshops  I go down even further than View All Forums Topics. I go to View All Posts. 

Esteemed Contributor

@IMW Boy, I loved that  last line.   Less "P" and more "P"

That said it all...................................

5 stars.....*****

Esteemed Contributor

I think that one of those is the cause of the other.  It's almost not worth it anymore to try to contribute to any conversation.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

It's pretty obvious that Community Chat is the most viewed forum with the most participation.

Doesn't bother me at all where a particular thread is located.  It's not as if there is much activity at all going on.  But if it really, really annoys a moderator they would move it.

(Overworked?)

@Johnnyeager.  It sure bothers me when I try to go back and find the thread because I want to re-read or respond to it.  It's frustrating when I can't find it because it's misplaced in the wrong forum.  It's especially maddening if it's a recipe but not in the recipe forum, and I'm ready to cook.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I've always felt these sub-catagories are silly - un-needed & pointless.  Seems to be a big deal with some people and mods. Community gets the action - we like to be where the action is.

@fthunt.  Your feelings would be wrong.  I guess you never wasted time trying to find something and have to go through all kinds of gyrations trying to locate it because it's misclassified.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ I work through View all Posts, too, but, I don't always make note of the particular thread I might reply to.  Then much later, if someone leaves a notification, I can no longer find the post. Probably just me, since I'm still relatively new here.  

Esteemed Contributor

With all respect, we do not need another police force.  We have enough.

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ I work through View all Posts, too, but, I don't always make note of the particular thread I might reply to.  Then much later, if someone leaves a notification, I can no longer find the post. Probably just me, since I'm still relatively new here.  

@BlueFinch  When you go to your notifications, it will say which thread you received it on. Click on that and it will take you to the thread.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ Thank you, but now I feel really dumb.  I didn't realize you could access the thread from the notifications, themselves.  I could see the thread identified, but then I wound up driving all over the place looking for it again.  Oh my!  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  I'm pretty sure feelings CANNOT be wrong. After all, they are feelings so they belong to that particular individual.