Respected Contributor

Please Try and Keep Forum Topics in Listed Catagories

I see so many posts lately in particularly Community Chat that fit into a specific forum. Sometimes it is unclear but other times I wonder why it is not where it is supposed to be? Sometimes there are new posters or those in a hurry but when I have to check back to see what Forum I am in, it is not posted where it needs to be. I suppose Community gets more views?

Sometimes them overworked Mods have to move posts into the correct area. I really enjoy the Forums and have learned a lot but it would be so helpful to post in the correct Forum Title.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please Try and Keep Forum Topics in Listed Catagories

It's pretty obvious that Community Chat is the most viewed forum with the most participation.

Doesn't bother me at all where a particular thread is located.  It's not as if there is much activity at all going on.  But if it really, really annoys a moderator they would move it.

(Overworked?)

Honored Contributor

Did someone dare to talk about a TV show over in the community chat? Such rule breakers we have around here!

Esteemed Contributor

NO RECIPES ALLOWED IN COMMUNITY CHAT!  EVER!

Respected Contributor

It doesn't matter to me either but there are categories for a reason.  But I would not consider the mods overworked.  If anything, they are probably bored to tears.

I picture some young person (probably with a college degree) and their job is to monitor these forums.  Unless they do something else  in addition to this it is a really boring job.

Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

It doesn't matter to me either but there are categories for a reason.  But I would not consider the mods overworked.  If anything, they are probably bored to tears.

I picture some young person (probably with a college degree) and their job is to monitor these forums.  Unless they do something else  in addition to this it is a really boring job.

@Winkk  I think they do plenty besides this. With the forums they can just wait for someone to hit the inappropriate button. They do a great job helping people that have a terrible time with QVC’s shipping, receiving damaged goods and so on and so forth. 

The one ex mod I have seen pictures of is not some young kid.

Honored Contributor

With my second cuppa of the day, I come to Forums -  I click into View All Forum Topics and read from that list.  

Maybe once in a month I'm looking for something specific and I surf into a specific category.   Definitely not something I do often enough for me to question anyone's choice of where they want to post. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've always felt these sub-catagories are silly - un-needed & pointless.  Seems to be a big deal with some people and mods. Community gets the action - we like to be where the action is.

Esteemed Contributor

I really don't see what the big deal is.

Respected Contributor

Are there so many posts that categories are necessary?

When I post I want to reach greatest # of people so I usually use community forum. 
Big deal---- great that people are posting. 
Seems to me too much policing and too little posting!