Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please Try and Keep Forum Topics in Listed Catagories

@AuntGThank you for your well worded statement. Some people just think they know it all....it's easier and more fun................... to just ignore them.

LOL  (I consider the source)

Esteemed Contributor

The ignore function works extremely well.  Everyone should activate it.

Honored Contributor

I do prefer the sub-categories, but it really doesn't bother me when a post goes into a divergent thread. 

I never (or extremely ever) open Wellness, Mom to Mom, Sports, Electronics, Recipes, or Handbags.  My guess is that those categories get quite a bit of traffic though.  I would certainly not like to weed through, page after several pages, of threads I'm probabaly never going to be interested in reading.

So my vote is to keep the sub-categories, and leave the policing of what goes where up to the Mods.  No biggie.

Respected Contributor

Non-issue for me.  I always just go to the main Forums list and click on whatever catches my fancy.   There are some categories I would never go to...such as Pets, since I have none....but if on the main page I see a post where someone has lost a beloved pet or just gotten a new one I will leave a message for them.

I'm retired, so on the rare occasion I have to look for something it's no big deal to me...I've got time.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I appreciate the sub-categories because I don't typically have a lot of time to spend (or interest in) scrolling through dozens of threads in a general area like "View All" or Community Chat to find something I might want to read or contribute to. The focused sub-categories like Kitchen, Holiday, and Jewelry that rarely have off-topic threads are ideal and very enjoyable for me. I occasionally visit Q Talk or Suggestion Box just to see what's going on, but it is rare that I read much in these sections due to their wide range of content that is less appealing to me. (And this approach is likely why I find it odd that so many people complain about threads and get into arguments in the forums—it is really easy to just skip past things that you have no interest in or that you know you're going to disagree with, or to avoid threads from posters known for stirring up trouble after you've navigated the forums for a little while.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a hard time understanding how posting in wrong category is a problerm.   Life is a lot more enjoyable when not expecting or demanding others do exactly what you want.