Occasional Contributor

Please Stop Yelling, Hollering and Trying to talk over Each Other

Turning QVC off more frequently to avoid the stress of so many of the host’s constant yelling their presentations or multiple hosts presenting and all talking at the same time so that nothing gets heard.  I can appreciate their enthusiasm but not to the point of stress inducing hollering and yelling over one another and at the cameras. Changing the channel is an immediate release and relaxation. A Zen moment is NOT watching QVC anymore. I used to be entertained and now I am offended by all the hollering.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please Stop Yelling, Hollering and Trying to talk over Each Other

I cannot watch the newer hosts (except Steve) the voices are so whiny,silly ,etc. In the old days I would put the Q on sometimes just to listen. Not anymore.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

I would love to know why QVC insists on having 2 hosts and added  to that the vendor for most shows. Everyone trying to talk at once. Yesterday I saw Mary Beth and the Homeworx guy presenting his candles. Two people having a nice conversation.not interested in candles, yet I watched for a few minutes. This is what is needed to bring the viewer in. Not Jane T. And Kourtney screaming at each other. Add a vendor to that mess and you have a circus.

Honored Contributor

The last time I experienced this I thought  I should turn on the closed caption feature and see how they deal with this.  I just changed the channel instead.

Regular Contributor

Agree agree agree.  "Back in the day" listening to QVC was so calming ... like "good company".  Now, it's like a bunch of mismatched family members trying to out do one another.  Someone should tell these host teams that it's not a competition ... or is it??? 

Respected Contributor

It was calming back in the old days listening to QVC... I can remember former host Lisa Mason who would sometimes have a three hour Diamonique show on Sunday night ...I would watch the entire show never thought about changing the channel...

Respected Contributor

Yep, sadly most have turned into carnival barkers who believe they are comic geniuses to boot. Beyond annoying and totally unwatchable!!!

Now, to be totally fair, I switched over to QVC awhile ago and there was Pat James Dementri and Valerie Parr Hill. They are both lovely and a pleasure to watch! They seldom to never fall into the above mentioned carnival barker category. Woman Wink 

Respected Contributor

The uncontrolled giggling fits are even worse.

Respected Contributor

I cannot stand when a pair of hosts are constantly interrupting a vendor. I was watching a show with Jane and Courtney and they would not let the vendor who was selling the false eyelashes talk. I think she finally gave up and let them continue the presentation.
Respected Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

The uncontrolled giggling fits are even worse.

Oh yes, @Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes, the giggling fits with the insider joke that only the two "too cool for school" hosts are in on. Juvenile junior high antics and hard to believe two grown women continue to indulge in this behavior over and over. I'm embarrassed for them. Woman Frustrated