Respected Contributor

Re: Please Stop Yelling, Hollering and Trying to talk over Each Other

Nothing wrong with a little venting.  It's helpful and healthy all around. 

And most of these forum posts are just venting.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@manny2   I do understand and agree with much of what you say about venting.  I think my bigger problem is what starts as venting seems to turn into host bashing and   the degrading of a person we really don't know.  I think that is what upsets me more than anything.  

Esteemed Contributor

That line is blurry sometimes. @jubilant  What you see a bashing I might not, so its rather subjective. Personal attacks on what a host looks like, their weight anything personal I agree is off limits.

I apologize my response to your initial post was curt. That was not my intent. So, I appreciate the chance to have a conversation about this. We don’t have to agree. The exchange of viewpoints is appreiciated.  

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

That line is blurry sometimes. @jubilant  What you see a bashing I might not, so its rather subjective. Personal attacks on what a host looks like, their weight anything personal I agree is off limits.

I apologize my response to your initial post was curt. That was not my intent. So, I appreciate the chance to have a conversation about this. We don’t have to agree. The exchange of viewpoints is appreiciated.  

Yes, the line is blurry and people see it differently. I appreciate the exchange, too.

Honored Contributor

I don't find venting, griping or complaining to be therapeutic at all.

Just increases the grouchiness!  Who needs that these days?

I SMH over the cost of gas and food in this recession....not foolishness by hosts.

Why raise my BP for something I have no control over??

Misery loves company, I get that...we can all pile on the threads.....but I'd prefer to eliminate the source, which is super easy.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Back to the yelling/talking over each other:  I had to turn off the Quacker Factory show yesterday for all the screeching and yelling by Sandra and Mary trying to outdo each other.

Then later it was the Susan Graver show - Jen and Susan talking at the same time - couldn't understand either of them.

Valued Contributor

I DO think that the newer hosts think we tune in for entertainment. Wrong! The mute button is my friend. Fake enthusiasm is a turn off, for me anyway. Now that I think of it, some old hosts are doing it too. The food shows are the worst.Calm down.

Respected Contributor

I now watch solely for the entertainment value.  Which is enormous.

If I want to shop and buy something I just go to the app.

Regular Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

I now watch solely for the entertainment value.  Which is enormous.

If I want to shop and buy something I just go to the app.

Oh, some nights the entertainment level is off the charts...

Super Contributor

@FranandZoe  Totally agree with Jen and Susan Graver. Jen always ignores Susan, and talks over her all the time, and it is really rude to the vendor. While we know Susan can go on and on, there are some out there that are watching as newer viewers to her line. It almost seems like Jen is bored with her line, or tries to come off as the ultimate sylist. Just let the vendors do their job. And don't get me started on JT, the uiltimate worst.