Honored Contributor

Re: Please STOP with telling us to.....

Check Out Now.

They mean it. It happened to me tonight. I had 2 items in the cart - same item, two colors. I went to watch the video to decide which color, came back to "There are no items in your cart." It was about 10 minutes later. I was able to add the one color back to my cart, but the other color was gone.  So which color? The decision was made for me. Good thing I liked both of them!  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Items are held in the cart for one hour.  I've never had anything removed.  I feel certain the performance of the hosts is judged on the number of units sold while they are on air, thus the push to get you to check out.  In Kristen's case, I'd deliberately wait until the next hour to order. 

hahahahahahahaha!!!    LOL!!!!!!  That really IS funny.  I usually don't watch QVC UNLESS my one and only favorite venor is on which is a handful of times in the year.

Respected Contributor

@January121 wrote:

If you really want the item then put it in your cart & CHECK OUT for goodness sake .... if you don’t check out it will stay in your cart for an hour or so & then go back into stock .... in the meantime there might be someone out there that really wants the item & cant get it because you are undecided & holding on to it in your cart ... be kind & think of other shoppers 🙃

This really does makes sense because as the old saying goes....first come, first serve.

Trusted Contributor

If there is a change in policy, tell us that.  "Items used to remain in your cart for an hour, but we have changed our policy....". 

Simple as that.  If the policy has changed, then they are doing what HSN and ShopHQ have always done.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Not everything is held in your cart for an hour.

I have had an item grabbed from my cart while I was looking to add something else.  It was only in my cart less than five minutes.  If the item is close to selling out...poof, it's gone!

I was disappointed, but it won't happen again.  I check out right away if is something I really want or need.

I have seen TONS of posts about stale dates on items.  I believe this is one huge reason why the Q does not want a lot of extra inventory hanging around.  I mean TONS of posts about stale dates and I mean things that people do not eat.

Respected Contributor

@January121  Putting it in your cart does not hold it; anyone can buy it while it's in your cart. It does not reserve it.

Honored Contributor

I have no problem with them saying this, as it is true. I have missed out by putting something in my cart and thinking it would be there for a while......it wasn't! Smiley Sad