Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady  At first it seemed harmless to me but now as I read all the posts, it seems like some workplace rules have been broken. I wonder if QVC is is in the process of righting this wrong. I looked up places to contact but only see customer service, so will wait and see if anything is done.

Regular Contributor

I enjoy Halloween and was looking forward to last night's program.  I only lasted 5 minutes before I turned it off. JRT is absolutely annoying and those "Hunay's" need to go.  She's always trying to be relevant and hip.  Sad and pathetic is more like it.

Honored Contributor

@Queen of shop wrote:

@Malcontent  Jane sure did have her "hunny" in overdrive tonight. Whew. Hard to enjoy the show. Question is...why can't she just call him David?

I know they are friends for a very long time. If she and her husband have him and other hosts to their hime for a BBQ or cocktails, does she call David hunny in her own home with hubby there?

And another thing, it makes her seem so much older to call David, hunny. Like she is the school marm and he is the little boy student. Not a good look. IMO

like everything this host does it's run into the ground, and its very self-centric, if that's a word.  we get it you have a nickname for him but slow it down,  she is obsessed with nicknames and has to be in the "in crowd".

that said I still think she is one of the better hosts, still likes her job, respects the audience, just gets wound up too much 

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@BirkiLady  At first it seemed harmless to me but now as I read all the posts, it seems like some workplace rules have been broken. I wonder if QVC is is in the process of righting this wrong. I looked up places to contact but only see customer service, so will wait and see if anything is done.

@proudlyfromNJ  If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, you will see "Feedback" under the heading "Connect With Us".   You can send your comments there.  I don't know if it works, but worth a try anyway.

I've been a Q customer for 30 years and unfortunately am at the point where I change the channel if Jane is hosting or I mute her. She TALKS TOO MUCH! She just never shuts up. She constantly interrupts people, even guest vendors, which is SO rude. I was looking forward to watching the Halloween Spooktacular last night with David, but unfortunately Jane was also hosting. She constantly interrupted David, and if she called him "honey" once more, I was going to scream. I finally muted the TV and watched the rest of the show in silence. Also, we're sick of hearing about her family. Many hosts have husbands/wives and kids, but fortunately we don't have to hear about them all the time. The bottom line is that Jane is just so annoying that she's close to driving me away from QVC altogether. PLEASE rein her in!!!!!

Occasional Contributor

Jane's 'Honey' every 10 seconds is really silly.  She needs to stop it!!

Occasional Contributor

Agree

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please QVC...

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ   Thanks for thinking about Jane's inappropriate behavior on QVC, but it's been going on for so long I doubt anything will happen ever. They seem to have their heads in the sand when it comes to women's rights and/or political correctness.

Notice that other than David, none of the men never cross the line. It simply is too dangerous terratory for them and they are well aware of it in society.  

Take a look at some of the crazy antics of the other long-time female  hosts and their unprofessional appearance and behaviors. That would never fly in any other working environment! Nor should it ever. It should be grounds for immediate termination IMO.

Seems like QVC has a different set of rules for dress and behavior for their hosts depending upon sex; the males (with the exception of David) are neat in appearance and professional and the females still appear in PJ's, leisure wear and their hair can be bed head. I don't get the double standard.

I do enjoy the three new female hosts who are professional and care about their appearance every time I've seen them! Whoever trained them is much better than the previous trainer (IIRC it was MBR in the past). They have been fine at their positions from their first day on air!                          

However, the almighty dollar rules at QVC . . . forget about treating others with respect and kindness. Thus, I haven't watched programming in many years. If I'm interested in an item, I'll watch a video of a host who has manners and is likeable to me. Fortunately, I still have that right!

ETA: Wish I had copied your great comment. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

I like David and Jane very much and I rarely complain about any hosts at all, but the constant "honey" was just too much.  It was odd, annoying, and uncomfortable to listen to over and over again.  Obviously I don't know for sure, but I bet David had probably had enough of it too.  He might not have felt it was offensive, but the fact that she was CONSTANTLY saying it must have gotten on his nerves.  I get that they are great friends and I don't think there's anything wrong with calling someone you love and care for "honey" sometimes,but it was just plain weird.  It was like she refused to say his actual name and went out of her way to say, "honey" instead.  Was she trying to prove a point of some kind?  I have no idea!

Yes, changing the channel is a fantastic idea, but I was unable to do that.  I looked forward to this show, wanted to watch it, and bought several items from it.  I could not turn the volume down because I needed to hear everything they were saying about certain items before making my decision to buy them.  Most items were not cheap and I wasn't about to make my decison based on pictures and a muted presentation.

David and Jane work so well together and their passion for Halloween was evident. Everything about that show was wonderful and so much fun...expect for that darn "honey" part.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please QVC...

[ Edited ]

Thank you, Barbara, for removing the rude comments on my posts. The OP had a chance to read my opinion before another poster felt it her business to judge each of my comments. Happy to have it all removed. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.