Honored Contributor

Re: Please No Bare Shoulders! QVC is not the beach or a Club.

@Venezia wrote:

@Miranda1550 wrote:

@Shawnie

Bare shoulders , QVC had models in bra, and underpants.  Breezies.  Totally inappropriate.  Young children watch with their parents.  

I would hope young children had better things to do than to sit and mindlessly watch a shopping channel.  And what are the parents doing letting them sit there?  Shouldn't they be encouraging them to play and be active?

Besides which, the bras and underwear are on *mannequins*, not humans.  You have to go back 150 years to the Victorian era to find petticoats on piano legs and fig leaves covering every Greek and Roman statue in sight.

Maybe those who spend all day watching QVC are too tired to parent?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I saw a host's shins today.  What a world, what a world.

Valued Contributor

I have to laugh.   I see local TV anchors who dress like they are going to the beach.   There should be some decorum for people in the news business.

On CNN, the host of Reliable Sources on Sunday mornings, Brian Stelter never wears a tie, but all the male guests he interviews do.   It looks so odd that the host is so casual and his guests are all in neckties.

There is a female anchor woman here with very long hair.   She wears sundresses on air and her hair will cover the straps.  At first glance, it looks like she's reading the news topless.

I recently had a job interview where the interviewer had a real lowcut blouse on.   Imagine if I would have come to the interview looking like that?

The QVC hosts don't bug me in that way.  Many times they are wearing clothes to be sold on air.

Honored Contributor

After all this time, this is still being discussed.  It cracks me up.  Why in the world does anyone think others should behave, dress, believe, the way you do?  The last I heard, there were still some freedoms in this country.   Let.it.go.

Honored Contributor

@Frosted Cake wrote:

I have to laugh.   I see local TV anchors who dress like they are going to the beach.   There should be some decorum for people in the news business.

On CNN, the host of Reliable Sources on Sunday mornings, Brian Stelter never wears a tie, but all the male guests he interviews do.   It looks so odd that the host is so casual and his guests are all in neckties.

There is a female anchor woman here with very long hair.   She wears sundresses on air and her hair will cover the straps.  At first glance, it looks like she's reading the news topless.

I recently had a job interview where the interviewer had a real lowcut blouse on.   Imagine if I would have come to the interview looking like that?

The QVC hosts don't bug me in that way.  Many times they are wearing clothes to be sold on air.

Times really do change, and even if we don't especially like how they change, we have to accept that they have changed.

Towards the end of my working life, starting about 5 years ago, I became aware that dress standards for employees had become much more casual. I worked in a hospital, and most employees dealt with the public to some degree. I saw people work in dime store flip-flops, mini skirts that barely covered rears, ankle length, very low cut tops on the very amply endowed, and of course all of this bare-legged - no pantyhose, thigh-highs, knee-highs, etc., just to name a few things off the top of my head.

I thought a lot of it was sloppy-looking and inappropriate, but clearly it passed muster with HR and supervisors over the years, so it's here to stay. I just shook my head and then shrugged. A bit irritating, but not my problem, really.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde - The Breezies line has recently been shown on live models.  Sometimes they use mannequins, sometimes it's the models.  They're showing no more than you'd see on the beach, so it doesn't bother me.  And if parents are letting their little children watch, well then, they're getting an early education!

The thought of piano legs to display things cracked me up!  Woman LOL

As for Greek and Roman statues...my eyes!  My eyes!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Moonchilde - The Breezies line has recently been shown on live models.  Sometimes they use mannequins, sometimes it's the models.  They're showing no more than you'd see on the beach, so it doesn't bother me.  And if parents are letting their little children watch, well then, they're getting an early education!

I know, right?

I mean, what do they do when they go in to department stores, cover the kid's eyes as they go past the lingerie department?

What about when they are watching tv, and a Playtex bra commercial comes on?

Oh, the horrors! The horrors!

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

I know, right?

I mean, what do they do when they go in to department stores, cover the kid's eyes as they go past the lingerie department?

What about when they are watching tv, and a Playtex bra commercial comes on?

Oh, the horrors! The horrors!

Not to mention - monthly internal sanitary device commercials - OMG!

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde @Plaid Pants2 - Stop!  You're killing me - I shouldn't be laughing this hard this late at night.  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

This thread is a riot!  Burquas or jump suits with long sleeves and zipped up to the neck should be the required outfits for the hosts.

Question:  What if the Q is selling off the shoulder blouses?Woman LOL 

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~