Frequent Contributor

Please, Kitchen Aid , a smaller Food Processor

Would love love to see a smaller Kitchen Aid Food Processor. Apartment dwellers and those of us who only have one person in the home would love to have a 4 cup food processor in the beautiful colors that are offered in the large one. I own a large one, but I hardly ever use it....just too big for my kitchen and the food I prepare. Again, a smaller processor offered in the beautiful colors.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Please, Kitchen Aid , a smaller Food Processor

I understand having to deal with limited kitchen space, but I do not think one can get much smaller and still have the functionality of the food processor.

A four cup model would not be able to handle pureeing more than two cups of liquid, make pie dough, make bread dough, shred more than a tiny amount of cheese, or slice more than a carrot or two. In fact, it would only serve as a chopper -- maybe chopping a medium onion, a few cloves or garlic, or mixing salad dressing.

One needs a larger processor in order to accomplish the tasks of a food processor, and the nine cup is the small version of the KA processor (the large model has 13 cups).

While I am sympathetic, I do not think you will find a smaller version that will handle all of the jobs a larger one is designed to do.