Occasional Contributor

Please Improve your shipping times and methods

QVC, your shipping methods really NEED improvement. I ordered a pair of sunglasses on May 19th and they haven't shipped yet. Ordered a total gym a few days ago and it shipped within 2 days of ordering. This has NOTHING to do with covid 19. Seriously, how difficult can it be for your QVC team or automated machines, which ever you use, to get a pair of sunglasses in the mail???? And I never was even offered the option of choosing a shipping method upgrade.
Honored Contributor

Re: Please Improve your shipping times and methods

@ColoradoKate wrote:
QVC, your shipping methods really NEED improvement. I ordered a pair of sunglasses on May 19th and they haven't shipped yet. Ordered a total gym a few days ago and it shipped within 2 days of ordering. This has NOTHING to do with covid 19. Seriously, how difficult can it be for your QVC team or automated machines, which ever you use, to get a pair of sunglasses in the mail???? And I never was even offered the option of choosing a shipping method upgrade.

@ColoradoKate    Do you have an inside connection in the warehouse who told you this item was not delayed by a shipping or manufacturing holdup as it came from overseas?  Covid is still seriously affecting international commerce and will for sometime to come. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

Things I ordered last Sunday are still in the preparing to ship status,  

I should have gotten them by now.

Ginger

Honored Contributor

@bgevan You ordered last Sunday and expected them today? Get serious.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids - I purchased five items during the free shipping event on Sunday; one arrived Thursday, three arrived yesterday (same package), and the other is out for delivery today. It all depends on the items and vendors as to how quickly things are processed and shipped. (And fortunately, I didn't order anything from the always-bogged-down fashion category!)

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@bgevan You ordered last Sunday and expected them today? Get serious.

If QVC expects to compete with the likes of Amazon, Walmart, Target, and other major retailers they'd better get their shipping times comparable.  

Especially if they want to attract the younger shoppers, who are used to getting orders in a day or two.  

Regular Contributor

Amazon Re: Please Improve your shipping times and methods

Amazon is pretty good for shipping, but they've been having some problems too. I just ordered a new Keyring and it won't get here until the week of June 12.  My KIND bars, also ordered through Amazon, were delayed by a week and are due here (supposedly) tomorrow.

Meanwhile, back at the Q,  I ordered the last Woman With Control TSV, which was out for delivery, then delayed TWO hours later, lol.  Finally got here on Friday (very nice tops, by the way).

I guess it's all in the supply chain these days. Well, not all;the Q is always a bit slower than Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Re: Please Improve your shipping times and methods

Amazon got special deals with the USPS and UPS that no other retailer was able to get which gives them an edge.  However, the are definitely slipping.  I get nothing in 2 days as a Prime member. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a pair of sunglasses on order for somewhat longer than yours. It's not a new item, others have reviewed it, so it is in the warehouse where ever. It is not a port shipping problem. It's a warehouse problem. 

It was 'preparing order', then to back order, and now 'preparing order' again. Also, I noticed the pending charge dropped off at the same time as backorder status, then another pending charge again when it went into preparing order.  I think the backorder status automatically means it's been too long in prepare order status at the warehouse, so they hit the prepare button once again and hopefully it will be picked up inside the warehouse soon. 

This has happened several time before recently. Or else it's vendor shipped and the vendor is lagging.

Esteemed Contributor

Manufacturers are having issues with this virus, perhaps you have heard?  Nike had to regroup in Vietnam and then there are drugs from India etc.

Check the shipping news for prices and backlogs.

Right here in our country there have been virus outbreaks in warehouses.  Then there is the matter of worker safety.

All shippers are completely overloaded with goods ordered by those who don't go out.

We must just adjust.