Trusted Contributor

Re: Please Hosts...Tell us the sizes you are in!!!

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Yikes, that all the host tell us, I hear it all the time.

Dont you know they all wear and XXXXXS? 

@Imaoldhippie  I thought they wore a -XXXXXXXXXXS!
Ha!

Respected Contributor

My favorite line when its not a QVC fit is:

Go by your dress size. I haven't worn a dress in 25 years I have no idea what my dress size is! 

Valued Contributor

Like others said, all hosts wear XXS so that info is not helpful. However, when they tell us which size the model is wearing, now that is helpful. I compare my body size to their size and order accordingly. I wish more hosts would ask the models about sizing. 

Respected Contributor

It really amazes me that so many hosts/models wear an XXS.  My daughter is 15 years old.  Barely 5 five tall.  Weighs 79 pounds and can wear an XS or XXS in tops and same in bottoms except be in petite.  

Trusted Contributor

Yea the hosts are all in the xxs but they can't zip or button the garment.  Seams are about to pop too.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I think they're pretty good about mentioning their sizes.  Generally I think they need to be in larger sizes, but the information is still helpful.  

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

Last night...watching Shawn present the new Cuddle Duds maxi, (Kourtney had shown it the night before and I think she at least told us she was in the petite)...

I ordered my normal size, and petite, but I can sometimes be xs or s in dresses, 2/4...when Shawn, or any of the hosts, says the size she's in I can sometimes figure how it will fall on me and my body type judging from them.

Waited and waited and waited for Shawn to tell me what size she was in...she mentioned what size Jackie was wearing, and then proceeded to tell us she was in the Coral. Well ok...I can SEE that...what size?!  Then she went on to one of those ridiculous scenarios of "were boarding a plane, we're going to Figi in this, blah blah" ...for 5 minutes...but...no sizing. The ONE thing that will actually HELP customers click that BUY button omitted.

Please hosts...it's always touch and go...some do it, some don't...some do it sometimes, then other times they don't. We can never count on it.  Of course I do ALWAYS check garment measurements, however I love when the hosts, particular ones with similar sizing and body types as myself give me the visual and their sizing...it helps me know how it will fit me, regardless of what the measurements say.

Please Q...make it a must. We've only ever asked like.....forever!

ps. It would also help if when it's a letter size to tell us your numeric dress size, like I'm in the S and I'm a 4/6. Because not all letter sizing is created equal.

Maybe it's a HR thing for the job...not being forced to say your size on tv if you don't want to. I don't know.

@amyb 

Excellent points......but that brings up another suggestion....perhaps the hosts should stick to presenting and giving details about the fabric, measurements of the garments etc etc, whether it runs true to size, rather than be the models too......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@ScrapHappy   It also amazes me that Amy and Shawn wear the same size!

Honored Contributor

Some hosts paint their clothes on with a brush.  As long as they can call out their vanity size, they don't care if they look like the seams will bust with one bad turn or bend.  Other hosts wear their clothes attractively in a size that they truly look wonderful. 

I remember when vendors were still in the studio.  Laurie Felt had a pair of straight leg jeans.  She asked what size everyone was wearing and the host was the first, even before she went to the models, to say she was in a size zero.  Laurie was surprised and said, "really??" but caught herself and asked the models their size.  Laurie came back and said she too was in a size zero.  Now we all know Laurie Felt is extremely thin, and she definitely looks like a size zero.  The jeans fit like straight leg jeans, with nice room in them. The host, however, looked like she was wearing leggings in them. 

It's all how you want your clothes to fit (and the story you tell yourself about your size).  More times than not, trust the measurements.

Honored Contributor

I think they became gun shy because people were complaining about them bragging they were in an XS or an S.  We all must remember there are customers in that size.  We pluses can just get over it.