Occasional Contributor

Please do not list in the item title "100% Cotton Quilt" when it is a cotton/polyester blend, has a polyester back or fiberfill.  By definition that is NOT 100% cotton.

Thank you. 

Trusted Contributor

I've noticed that about some of the hosts on QVC--sometimes they slide pretty close to the edge, and sometimes they go over it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please Be Honest

[ Edited ]

Please elaborate @bluedevilalumna.

Can you please give us an item number or other specific so we posters can follow your line of thought?

I'd imagine if mods want to have a description corrected they also would have to know the item you're referring to.

Thanks!

Occasional Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Please elaborate @bluedevilalumna.

Can you please give us an item number or other specific so we posters can follow your line of thought?

I'd imagine if mods want to have a description corrected they also would have to know the item you're referring to.

Thanks!

I am only interested to purchase 100% cotton quilts.  If you search "100% cotton quilt" in the searchbar on this website you get some items that say "100% cotton" in the title.  When you look at the description, the majority of these items are not 100% cotton.  I find this frustrating and misleading.   I don't want to click through a slew of items and find they are not as stated in the title.  The search also returns a whole bunch of items that come up because the key word picks up "100% cotton cover" within the item description.  Those are not a problem in that the item title they did not state it was 100% cotton they just called it "patchwork quilt" or something similar.

Examples of problem item titles (and there are many):

H212625

http://www.qvc.com/Classic-Floral-100-Cotton-Quilt-with-Shams-and-Storage-Bin.product.H212625.html?s...

H210744

http://www.qvc.com/Spring-Floral-100-Cotton-King-Quilt-with-Storage-Bin.product.H210744.html?sc=SRCH

H214212

http://www.qvc.com/The-Quilt-Patch-Country-Floral-100-Cotton-Patchwork-Pieced-Quilt.product.H214212....

QVC Customer Care

@bluedevilalumna

I only purchase 100% cotton quilts as well and have had to always search the description to make sure that the quilt is all cotton. Hate that polyester fill! H212625 and H210744 are actually 100% cotton but the storage bins are have a lining that is not cotton. Shell 100% cotton; lining/fill 100% polyester. 

I will ensure your feedback is passed to our buyers.

Beth QVC

Esteemed Contributor

@bluedevilalumna wrote:

I am only interested to purchase 100% cotton quilts.  If you search "100% cotton quilt" in the searchbar on this website you get some items that say "100% cotton" in the title.  When you look at the description, the majority of these items are not 100% cotton.

. . .

Oh, you're talking about the search engine on this website. Yeah, it stinks!  It can lead you in very unexpected, surprising, and frustrating directions sometimes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please Be Honest

[ Edited ]

I think it's nice of the Q to hire every day looking models.  "People who look like me," has been the call and that's what we are getting.  So that's fine with me.

But I would also appreciate some real models occasionally (mostly on the fashion shows).  It seems only the top designers get the real models these days.  I love seeing Staci, Monica, Brenda, Michelle, Amanda, Kate, Katia, Suzanne, Thea, Trina, the two Marias, Linda . . . Jacqui and Deanna still do a lot of shows, and Angela shows up in the mornings.  They are the pros and I miss them.

And they still have real models on the beauty shows.

I'm just "being honest."  I guess it saves them money.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I just looked at the floral quilt (H212625) as linked and it clearly states that the Quilt/shams: 100% cotton with the Storage bin: shell 100% cotton; lining/fill 100% polyester.

Is your complaint that the storage bin lining and fill is not also 100% cotton?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp - I think she is referring to the batting not being 100% cotton.

I believe the quilt top is 100% cotton.

Trusted Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@bluedevilalumna

I only purchase 100% cotton quilts as well and have had to always search the description to make sure that the quilt is all cotton. Hate that polyester fill! H212625 and H210744 are actually 100% cotton but the storage bins are have a lining that is not cotton. Shell 100% cotton; lining/fill 100% polyester. 

I will ensure your feedback is passed to our buyers.

Beth QVC

You need to have someone review all the quilts.  If the quilt, and filling, isn't 100% cotton, it is NOT 100% cotton.   To say it is, is false advertising!  Someone was asleep at the wheel when they put some of the quilts on line.  They need to fix that ASAP!