New Contributor

Plastic Shipping Bag for a G.I.L.I. Coat??

I recently purchased the G.I.L.I. Shawl Collar Belted Coat and it came shipped in a QVC plastic bag.  The bag was squashed and my beautiful coat is a wrinkled mess.  I don't understand why it wasn't shipped in a box?  I contacted customer service and they agreed to refund the cost of my return shipping but can't guarantee that a new coat will ship in a box.  I took a chance because I love the coat.  Sadly, second coat arrived in another plastic bag so stuffed, the bag was torn!  QVC, please consider shipping items, such as coats in a box.  I'm so disappointed! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Plastic Shipping Bag for a G.I.L.I. Coat??

I just got a Liz Claiborne quilted coat as a "lunchtime special" that came in a box!

I was so surprised because usually I have gotten QVC clothes in a plastic bag stuffed in there too.

And it was light so it could have been put in a bag.

I wonder if different vendors get to ship it differently or are trying to save on cost. 

It really should not have been shipped like that.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

My G.I.L.I cost cared for attention not only the package zipper covered. Love the coat and quality came back for second color. Thanks Qvc & Jill !! Class all the way. By the way while shopping two women approached me asking where purchased? Of course, Happily shared item number.⚘⚘⚘

Honored Contributor

@Pupgirl wrote:

I recently purchased the G.I.L.I. Shawl Collar Belted Coat and it came shipped in a QVC plastic bag.  The bag was squashed and my beautiful coat is a wrinkled mess.  I don't understand why it wasn't shipped in a box?  I contacted customer service and they agreed to refund the cost of my return shipping but can't guarantee that a new coat will ship in a box.  I took a chance because I love the coat.  Sadly, second coat arrived in another plastic bag so stuffed, the bag was torn!  QVC, please consider shipping items, such as coats in a box.  I'm so disappointed! 

@Pupgirl

i had the same problem with a linea by ldo coat about a year and a half ago. i loved the coat so i kept it, but got an estimate from the dry cleaners as to how much it would cost to press it. they told me about $10 i think? maybe slightly less. i called qvc customer service and asked if they would reimburse me for that expense before i did it, otherwise i would have sent it back. they did.....

if you love the coat, call and ask them for a credit towards the cost of professionally pressing the coat.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

Ha, ha, ha . I just received a wallet.. 
Measures approximately 4-1/4"W x 3-1/2"L x 1"D; weighs approximately 2 oz.

in a box about 12”x 6 x 4 deep. There were so many packing peanuts that I had a hard time finding the wallet.

Honored Contributor

I recently ordered two Dennis Basso coats.  They were both on hangers, had plastic over them and shipped in a box.

Honored Contributor

I agree with an earlier post, get an estimate from the dry cleaner and request a credit/refund.

Frequent Contributor

Dennis’ coats are beautifully, and carefully, packaged. You feel like it’s really special when you open them up!  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree about the Dennis Basso coats....packaged so well!!!

I feel like I really spent alot of money on it!

New Contributor

Thank you for that information.  I appreciate the suggestion!!