Valued Contributor

For a week or month.  Your pricing of items is annoying.  A this show only or this day only should be gone.  You people are smart but do stupid things.  When I see that an item is five dollars one hour and then  seven dollars the next hour but I for whatever reason did not buy it at five dollars do you think I am a happy customer?  No.  I will not buy it at seven dollars.  How many buyers are you eliminating when an item  is at a cheaper price for an hour or day?  Hold the cheaper price so more can see it and opt to buy.  Most of are not glued to your shows and would like to see new item prices held for a week at least. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Pick a price and hold it...

[ Edited ]

I think this is another sales tactic trying to keep customers glued all the time because they don't want to miss lower prices, sell outs, etc. 

Of course, getting customers to watch results in more sales since they might see something they like even if it isn't at a lower price.  

QVC has a 30 day price guarantee.  Call to see if you can get your item at the lower price.  

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog At least if you listen often you get the warning. —  although I think my brain doesn’t even register prices unless I’m planning to buy.

Lots of companies do the same thing. Macy’s does the same thing in their brick and mortar sales lots of times. Prices change from morning to afternoon.  Chico.s changes which items are on sale or the percentage off many times a month.

Even on a level as big as cable, phone, hotels, and airfares the changes from customer to customer can be frequent and huge. 

I don’t see it ending because customers and companies are all playing the numbers all the time. 

Honored Contributor

At least QVC has a 30 day match price policy!

Try getting Amazon to give you a sale price adjustment.  Doesn't happen...and their prices change HOURLY!  I have watched items in my Amazon WL jump up and down drastically.  Sometimes the same day I just ordered!  I only order w/ Amazon now if I don't have a choice.  Their pricing games are unfair.

I don't have a problem with the way QVC has Today Only, LTS or PTS pricing.  I have grabbed some great deals. 

They are VERY clear about how long the price is good for and you can search online for the discounted items.  You don't need to stay glued to anything.

Esteemed Contributor

Amazon's Dynamic Pricing Model can move prices within 10 minutes!

With their vast amount of shopper data they move prices based upon sales, searches, views, clicks......they know everything and monitor everything about everything about every potential purchaser and will shift the price to get you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I think this is another sales tactic trying to keep customers glued all the time because they don't want to miss lower prices, sell outs, etc. 

Of course, getting customers to watch results in more sales since they might see something they like even if it isn't at a lower price.  

QVC has a 30 day price guarantee.  Call to see if you can get your item at the lower price.  

I'm pretty sure the 30 day price guarantee does not apply to a purchase made after there has been a limited time price reduction such as One Time Only or This Day Only.  They will not honor a this hour only price the next hour or next day.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gabidog wrote:

For a week or month.  Your pricing of items is annoying.  A this show only or this day only should be gone.  You people are smart but do stupid things.  When I see that an item is five dollars one hour and then  seven dollars the next hour but I for whatever reason did not buy it at five dollars do you think I am a happy customer?  No.  I will not buy it at seven dollars.  How many buyers are you eliminating when an item  is at a cheaper price for an hour or day?  Hold the cheaper price so more can see it and opt to buy.  Most of are not glued to your shows and would like to see new item prices held for a week at least. 

QVC is hardly the only business that changes their prices.

Have you been in a department store, grocery store, gas station?

They change their prices too.

Nothing stays stagnant forever, no matter how much you may want it to.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Super Contributor

I get aggrivated at this too.  However, I always call C/S and have always gotten the lower price matched if it was within 30 days.  I have had them match the one day only prices too, if I call.