Contributor
I would love shorter length tops if you’re under 5’3 qvc is not an option, very frustrating. Was very happy when they started carrying xxs to include more people but the length still overwhelms petite torsos
Honored Contributor

QVC is always an option for me because I know how to do a simple hem.  I think it's sad young prople don't know how to do basic sewing and do simple jobs like hems.  Even my son knew how to use my sewing machine to do quick mending jobs on his clothes.  How do 21st Century moms repair kids' clothing?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

It's not just length, it's the sleeve length, torso measurements, and narrower shoulders.  I'm 71 and do not use a sewing machine either.  Please QVC, give us petites.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear  petite bottoms but wear regular tops.  I am 5 feet tall.  I just like the extra length.

But if the sleeves are bell shaped or flowing I cannot wear it unless I want to dip into buffet lines.  LOL  It depends upon the shape of the sleeve and the total length.  I am careful when I buy.  

Honored Contributor

@waterlily wrote:

It's not just length, it's the sleeve length, torso measurements, and narrower shoulders.  I'm 71 and do not use a sewing machine either.  Please QVC, give us petites.

I just cringe when I hear the hosts say just get petite if you want a shorter length to wear with flats. If indeed the garment is a petite size it will be petite all the way around and would not fit someone who is not 5ft.3 or under who is actually a proportionate petite. I heard the gal who represents IM say that the only difference between petite and regular is the length.  I will not buy anything from IM that he touts as petite, even if I see a petite model in it. I don't trust him anymore when he says it's cut for a petite.

Respected Contributor

Tops are too long for me and I am 5’7’’, and shortwaisted.

Honored Contributor

LOL   yeah, they design for Wonder Woman amazons