Valued Contributor

Personally some of the food demos

are simply not appetizing. Watching a shakey hand cut  up the candy and play with the filling, then again getting the fingers involved playing with it. NOT appealing. Cut it on a board and zoom in but this playing with the fingers, oh please end it on all products.

Respected Contributor

Re: Personally some of the food demos

In my own kitchen of course I handle food, but for demo purposes with the extreme camera closeups, I agree that fingers in all the food is unappealing. To be honest, the food in general is so overpriced that I'm not tempted, but the exaggerated eye rolling and facial expressions have become comical rather than convincing.

Honored Contributor

That's what makes the food more appealing - seeing how moist, soft or gooey is what could make me want to order.  Also to see the hosts ejoying the food would make it more appealing to me.  Just showing the food and cutting it and showing a host tasting and calmly saying it was good surely would not make it appealing to me,  would not result in the high sales and many sellouts they have!  Definitely not a good sales tactic.  

Esteemed Contributor

Personally, I'm glad he does this because it shows that the centers of these candies are too soft for my liking so I passed on buying them as there are only a couple that would be appealing.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Overall, their food presentations are gross, with them talking with their mouths full and many hosts and vendors with long hair hanging all over the place. A lot of the food looks gross to me as well. Lol, they all seem to use the same descriptions for the food too. Sorry, but I don't believe that they just love, love, live everything they sell. Bunch of phonies!
Respected Contributor

While that is kinda gross, I would take fingers squishing candy any day over Sharon eating candy....or Sharon eating anything. She eats like she is in the throes of passion. Now that is gross!!!

Valued Contributor

I can't even watch the Germack vendor! She pours the nut and fruit mix out and runs her fingers through it constantly. I am talking to the tv "ewww" and "gross"; but apparently that is what the director thinks is effective. A spoon would work just as well, or a scoop. Plus, they could wear gloves!

Honored Contributor

As long as I'm not eating from the batches they are presenting, I'm not bothered by the presentations. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with OP....I don't like all the squeezing of the product with the fingers, either...does not make it appealing to me at all.....

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

As long as I'm not eating from the batches they are presenting, I'm not bothered by the presentations. 

Q's food is expensive. I, and most others, aren't going to buy or try it, if we don't get some sense of what it is like. We can't smell or taste it, so we are relying on our sight, and the descriptive words the hosts/vendors are using.

I certainly wouldn't want to eat what they have cut/squeezed/ran fingers through/etc., but it is done to demonstrate the consistency, juicyness, how moist/dense/creamy etc. the product is.

I appreciate what they go through to demonstrate the food, as it gives me a really good idea of what it should be like when I receive it.