Valued Contributor

Re: Peel off shipping labels

I see where a lot of people question what is so confidential that you'd be concerned about people seeing all the information on the shipping lablel. 

In my opinion, you never know who is reading the information on the label and we are always being told to be careful about our personal information.  While our  names and addresses are public information, anyone can see that there may be a piece of gold, diamond, or silver jewely inside or some other valuable item.   We are even told to be careful when putting out trash to make sure boxes that might have advertising showing a laptop or some expensive electronic item are cut up and not visible which could leave your home open to theft if some unscrupulous person should see it.  I fully understand why LdyBugz is concerned. It annoys me too. 

Frequent Contributor

I keep all my invoices. They are so many different sizes, but these shopping labels have a sticky back. I have to get a pice of paper and stick on it so I can retain it. Not a big deal, but when added to all the other issues of having the label on the front of my box, it is another straw on the camel’sback.
Occasional Contributor

i agree, go back to address labels only and put an invoice INSIDE the package

Respected Contributor

I have no idea about retail or their reasons for doing anything but I don't appreciate the peel off labels. I keep my receipts until they show up on my billing or the easy pay is complete. I like to use the "guard your ID" ink pads the Q sells but these shiny labels are not covered by them and I don't like putting them through my shredder. I have received packages from USPS that looked like the labels had maybe fallen off at some point, then reattached. I've also received a few orders where the labels were on but no invoice included in the package. With so many scammers out there who want to make easy money without working for it, I question a lot more things than I ever did before. I do know that there have been instances where USPS employees were arrested for stealing mail so there may be a few who would do questionable things. It only takes one 

Respected Contributor

@SunnysMom 

Same here! Only the outer label with my address.  It says 1 of 3, but 2 & 3 are missing.  I like to have a receipt to match up to my charge bill.  This really annoys me; they cut corners to save money but its not helpful to their customers!

Respected Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

Their have been several posts about issues with the new peel off shipping labels yet the defective labels are still being used.  The last two orders I received had these labels. On one package, the label had been tampered with and haphazardly reapplied.  The package I received today was missing the outer shipment label and the middle label that has order information and the return form.  

The use of these easily removable labels poses a security risk wth regards to customer confidentiality.  Both packages were delivered by the USPS.  It makes me wonder who was privvy to my personal order info.  It also makes me wonder if there has been an increase in "lost" shipments because the contents can be easily identified by dubious package handlers.

Please QVC, stop using these labels.  They are of concern by your customers, including me.

Thanks,

~LdyBugz

Well, I guess I'm still not getting through.  When you use the shipping method that the check out page defaults to then it goes USPS.  I use the second choice.  It's in a drop down menu.  It says edit by where the shipping info is.  You just click that, the three choices are there.  I use the SECOND one.  That's UPS ALL THE WAY.. NO USPS is involved.  Yes, instead of paying 3.50 I pay 12.00 or so but it's so worth it.  I have NO shipping issues anymore.  QVC probably uses surepost only sporadically.  That's UPS handed to USPS which is not too bad but not good enough for me but that's my choice.  It's up to the individual.  I don't want to baby sit my orders.  Since I bump up my shipping myself, I have no more problems.

Occasional Contributor

These labels are horrible, they peel off too easily leaving the return label as the only label left. I have had 2 items returned that I never 3ven received. Today I got 2 packages and the top label was 1/2 off, revealing the return label underneath. I guess I'm lucky I got them. 

Occasional Contributor

The pill offs sometimes has nothing on the label to put in the box to send back or just label to me and nothing inside showing the order. I'm so tired of this. I file my papers or I have to go to the site and print off to send back.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the info!!!!!!
Contributor

I've had over seven items within he last year come with defective shipping labels that were impossible to understand and my post man refused to accept them. One label was hanging off when I received it it makes it hard to exchange for a correct size.