Occasional Contributor

No such luck SusanQ.  And it's getting worse.  Can't use paypal credit online(not even showing up as a payment choice) BUT Is offered on automated phone orders after full paypal credit verification info being repeatedly given.  

HOWEVER - online, (after being told my orders were "successfull")  they still show 'check'; and my email confirmations also show check payment info/directions for payment!

And NOW - to add insult to injury - the bank that handles paypal credit (Comidity) is sending FORM LETTERS in the mail explaining that each qvc/paypal credit order could not be verified because of "incomplete or incorrect information".  And no, it's NOT me -my  calls to paypal have verified this.  Plus this is ONLY happening with qvc and paypal credit - no other merchants I shop with!!!!

FIX THIS QVC -  OR STOP GIVING US CONFLICTING INFO ON WHETHER OR NOT QVC IS HONORING PAY PAL CREDIT.

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

If you have a PayPal Credit account, QVC accepts it as payment. I have used it many times on QVC.com

Thank you @pugvette74.  I am looking for Pay Pal not related to credit.

@itiswhatitis

Seems to me this could be a problem ... and higher fraud potential,

Example .....   You could have $50 in your Paypal account and purchase something on easy pay for $20 a month.  When the next month rolls around, it could have  a zero balance and the Q is screwed.   I'm sure QVC realizes the problem here.  

If the ONLY card you have is a Paypal debit card, what happens if you have a large emergency car repair and don't have a credit card to cover the repair?   

IMO, trying to handle everything with just a Paypal debit card leaves you financially vulnerable to life's surprise emergencies.   JMO

Honored Contributor

Paypal and Paypal credit are 2 different things.  Paypal credit is another credit card and you have to apply for it, your credit is checked, it's reported to the credit bureau, etc.   

I don't have a Paypal credit or debit card and I don't want one. I do have a Paypal account and my checking account is linked to it.  If I choose to pay using Paypal, the money is pulled from my checking account. 

QVC accepting Paypal leaves them no more vulnerable than accepting any other method of payment.  How many times do people use a debit card linked to their bank account and when another easypay is due, the debit card is expired, there is no money in the bank account for the payment to pull out or the card is closed for one reason or another?  How many times do peple use a regular credit card of some sort and when Q tries to put through an easypay, it won't go through because the credit card is up to the limit, closed, etc. 

So many places accept regular Paypal, I'm not sure why QVC doesn't.  HSN, Evine and JTV all accept Paypal.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

If you have a PayPal Credit account, QVC accepts it as payment. I have used it many times on QVC.com

Thank you @pugvette74.  I am looking for Pay Pal not related to credit.

@itiswhatitis

Seems to me this could be a problem ... and higher fraud potential,

Example .....   You could have $50 in your Paypal account and purchase something on easy pay for $20 a month.  When the next month rolls around, it could have  a zero balance and the Q is screwed.   I'm sure QVC realizes the problem here.  

If the ONLY card you have is a Paypal debit card, what happens if you have a large emergency car repair and don't have a credit card to cover the repair?   

IMO, trying to handle everything with just a Paypal debit card leaves you financially vulnerable to life's surprise emergencies.   JMO

@Tinkrbl44, I never said a word about CREDIT cards.  I want to be able to use my own funds via paypal and check out.  Most places I shop on the net allows me to do this.  If a great big store like Bloomingdale's or Nordstrom can do it, so can the Q.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Paypal and Paypal credit are 2 different things.  Paypal credit is another credit card and you have to apply for it, your credit is checked, it's reported to the credit bureau, etc.   

I don't have a Paypal credit or debit card and I don't want one. I do have a Paypal account and my checking account is linked to it.  If I choose to pay using Paypal, the money is pulled from my checking account. 

QVC accepting Paypal leaves them no more vulnerable than accepting any other method of payment.  How many times do people use a debit card linked to their bank account and when another easypay is due, the debit card is expired, there is no money in the bank account for the payment to pull out or the card is closed for one reason or another?  How many times do peple use a regular credit card of some sort and when Q tries to put through an easypay, it won't go through because the credit card is up to the limit, closed, etc. 

So many places accept regular Paypal, I'm not sure why QVC doesn't.  HSN, Evine and JTV all accept Paypal.

Yes, I do have a Pay Pal Account too.  No Pay Pal Debit Card or Credit card.  I just want to purchase via that method.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis

I understood what you meant, but why not just use the debit card that came with your checking account.  You can accomplish the exact same thing that way.  JMO

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@itiswhatitis

I understood what you meant, but why not just use the debit card that came with your checking account.  You can accomplish the exact same thing that way.  JMO

If you really understood @Tinkrbl44, you would not have mde that comment.  Sheesh.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@itiswhatitis

If you really understood @Tinkrbl44, you would not have mde that comment.  Sheesh.

I got what you meant, but clearly you didn't read what I said about the fraud potential in post #12.  

Hey ....   If they don't want the trouble, it's their call.   Most people have at least a couple cards to use for purchases online, so you have choices.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@itiswhatitis

I got what you meant, but clearly you didn't read what I said about the fraud potential in post #12.  

Hey ....   If they don't want the trouble, it's their call.   Most people have at least a couple cards to use for purchases online, so you have choices.

@Tinkrbl44, by limiting expsoure of financial information AUTOMATICALLY makes me safer.  I won't have to know which site I purchased something from that may have been compromised.  By using my own money/credit cards via pay pal the buck stops there.  Get it?  If you require further assistance just let me know.  I know about my choices.  I want to minimize my exposure with my info everyplace I shop.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@itiswhatitis

I would not use a debit card to order on-line.