Respected Contributor

Re: Page Jumping - My experience

This happens to me, too, on a laptop.  It happens on many websites, not just this one.  I wonder if it has something to do with the version of operating system (for example, I know my operating system is an older one).

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

This happens to me, too, on a laptop.  It happens on many websites, not just this one.  I wonder if it has something to do with the version of operating system (for example, I know my operating system is an older one).

I have the same experience on the QVC and other sites, in fact, I am so impatient I click on things and the page jumps and I end up getting something I don't want. Frustrating.

Occasional Contributor

As I clicked reply - on my laptop -  it jumped and I clicked view all forum topics instead.....so jumping is everywhere.

I hate the mobile app.  Using it more on my 10" tablet than the phone.  Lately when I have had issues of the page not loading on the laptop when I want to order something, I will jump on my tablet.  

Today, when I was trying to order the Joan Rivers boyfriend top - wouldn't load.  Jumped on tablet, added both colors I wanted, worked through the checkout process and got a pop up that my account had been locked!  Called customer service and placed my order - no problem.  Went back into the shopping cart on my tablet and it had 2 of one of the colors and one of the other listed.  Deleted 1 of the duplicates to see what it would do and then I got that there were no items in my cart.  

Seriously, QVC is screwing up more with their "improvements" than they are improving!  Had lost my wish list twice and started making collections to keep track of things I liked and might want to order.  All of a sudden the hearts on the pages disappeared.  Aftera call to customer service, I was told it was my computer - yet the next day they came back and nothing had changed on my laptop. 

I'm seriously thinking I might just start calling customer service when I am watching and see something I want.

Respected Contributor

I wonder if they keep doing it so that when I touch my iPad before it's done jumping around, I get taken to what's on air or another opportunity to buy ??????

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

I'm using my laptop and the pages are still jumping.  In fact, it seems to  be jumping higher, if that's possible.

Trusted Contributor

@zelda girl wrote:

This happens on my laptop too.

Mine too, both home and work. Both running Google Chrome. It's VERY annoying. I can't tell you how many times I've clicked on the wrong thing because I forgot to wait for the page to finishing jumping.