The over use of the product description "pack up"  has run rampent.  It may be an industry term but your customers don't know it and don't like it.  I feel like I'm shopping atBest Buy with some guy in a blue shirt.  It may work with hard goods.  Maybe.  It kind of makes me feel sold to, too sold to.  Please make it stop or at least be used where appropriate.

Honored Contributor

Frankly, I have no idea what you're talking about.  I've never heard that term used.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Frankly, I have no idea what you're talking about.  I've never heard that term used.

David uses it all the time

"what you are getting with this packup" . etc 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pack Up term

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the forums, @AndiJo .

@AndiJo wrote:

The over use of the product description "pack up"  has run rampent.  It may be an industry term but your customers don't know it and don't like it.  I feel like I'm shopping atBest Buy with some guy in a blue shirt.  It may work with hard goods.  Maybe.  It kind of makes me feel sold to, too sold to.  Please make it stop or at least be used where appropriate.

@Kachina624 

David, yes!!!@jackthebear  

Some cosmetics and electronics, etc things sold in groupings of related items.

So fashion watchers wouldn't be likely to hear the term.

Respected Contributor

Oh good grief, it doesn't  bother me at all. FYI...it's a shopping channel so they're selling to you, you are being sold.

Trusted Contributor

Never heard it before, but I'll bite.  Where would it be running rampent?

Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

David uses it all the time

"what you are getting with this packup" . etc 

@jackthebear Thank you for explaining.  I cannot tolerate watching Q and shop online so I was confused by what was posted.  Thanks to you I understand.

Honored Contributor

@AndiJoIt's not running rampant on the main channel of QVC -  I've never heard it.

I did read through some of this thread and someone put the term into context and from that it seems to me anyone watching and listwning and old enough to own a credit card could easily figure out what the term means.

Seems like a term worth learning -  they can keep on using it as far as I'm concerned.  Some old dogs do still learn new words!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This has been discussed several times in the forums—it is simply a synonym for set, assortment, bundle, collection, package, and so forth. David Venable uses it more than other hosts, but several of them apply it in their presentations. I'm not sure why some people have issues with it; this is a term that has been around for many years.

That said, welcome to the forums, @AndiJo! Hopefully you'll find more things you like around here than things you don't.  Smiley Wink

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just heard David say "This is a lovely Mrs. Prindables pack-up"   LOL

I think the poor guy is overworked and on autopilot most of the time.