Respected Contributor

Note to hosts:  please do not give one easy pay as the PRICE of an item.  A lot of hosts do this and it is tacky and confusing.  Please give the correct price!

Honored Contributor

Never heard them do that.  They say you can get it home for the price of the EZ pay.

Honored Contributor

I frequently hear them give a price of one easy payment and infer it's the total price.  I often wonder how many elderly, visually impaired people order thinking they're getting a bargain and never realize what has happened.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

my guess is is that they are TOLD by their producers to say that. i dont think it is necessarily what the hosts say off the top of their heads. it has been going on for years now.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  are they still doing that? I haven´t watched in over fifteen years and always felt sorry for the elderly who thought that the Easy Pay was the full price. Didn´t know they were still doing that.

$20 will bring it home to you!!!!

Honored Contributor

I agree - :"get it home for $x.xx" is deceptive.  I've done a double-take more than once.

Respected Contributor

Gets my hubby confused every now and then.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

It is not only tacky and confusing, it is decitful and purposeful. They know what they are doing.  Agree 100%.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I've never heard them do that.  

The consumer also has an obligation to learn the full price they will pay.  

Honored Contributor

Anyone that has issues not being able to know the full price of something when it is clearly shown on the screen has issues that won't be resolved by a host saying over and over what the full price is and would surely make the majority of those watching irritated by it!