Honored Contributor

PLease Make Jeans that don't have total stretch in them!

I'm ready to go crazy trying to find a pair of jeans that actually fit.

I am a chub...I'm overweight.  But I DO NOT want to wear jeans that show every nook and crevice on my body.  Good grief!  I can't stand the tight pants they put these models in.

I admit I'm old (73) but I don't want to dress like Granny either.

Phew!  I just put back into the wash 5 pair of new jeans to try to stretch them out.

There's so much elastic in these things it drives me crazy.

I used to make my clothes when I worked (in the 60's and early 70's).  

So, if I find jeans that will fit in the legs and ankles the stomach and waist is so large they start falling down as I'm walking!

It doesn't do me any good to go up a size because they get really, really big in the hips and waist.

I've ordered many, many brands and sizes.

I didn't used to have this problem.  But ever since jeggings or whatever they're called that's all I see and seem to be able to buy on QVC.

This is what I do not want to look like.  It shows every bump, crevice, pimple, lump you name it (on my body).

Honored Contributor

Re: PLease Make Jeans that don't have total stretch in them!

[ Edited ]

Sounds like you want a jean that fits like a girdle -- stiff and doesn't move with you.  Try Levi's.  Laurie Felt also has a classic denim.

Trusted Contributor

These were on last night, and noticed they didn't look as tight...

A374920
Laurie Felt Power Silky Denim Striped Baby Bell Pull-On Jeans

Respected Contributor

Try NYDJ. With only 1% stretch. They fit like regular jeans, more or less.

Trusted Contributor

I completly agree with you.  I'm younger than you but if I put on any of the jeans which QVC keeps putting on I'll look all squished up.  Not a good look when you are short.  I buy my jeans elsewhere because I will never fit into the skinny jeans shown on the Q.

Honored Contributor

Check out Macy's slim leg jeans, they have a nice fit, without feeling like sausage casings. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

You find 100% cotton jeans at both LL Bean and Levi's.  Seem to have a nice weight.  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I'm with you.  I don't want skin tight jeans either.  

I found a style I like at Lands End.  They have several styles and the one I like is mid-rise straight leg. They have some stretch but don't cling to every nook and cranny.  They come in 3 shades of blue (I like the dark) and a few other colors.  Item #502061AG8 is for the blue colors.  There is a 40% off promo code on Mr Rebates.

I've also worn Lee relaxed mid-rise straight leg from Kohls.  Again they have some spandex but not as much as many other styles and don't cling.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  - I agree with you.  I just don't think this is a good look on anyone - no matter the size.  I prefer regular jeans.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   I understand your point.I'm very picky about how I look in jeans.I'm petite & have some curves. For some reason the Laurie Felt jeans look really good on me. I ordered 2 pair of her TSV. I never tried her skinny before so I'll see.