Respected Contributor

Re: PLEASE TRAIN YOUR NEW HOSTS!!!

I think Mary Nelson is great, but her shaky voice is a little out of place for a tv host.  Maybe it's just nerves and will get better with time.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@makena wrote:

@Steeler 20 wrote:

And the host tonight, I always turn the channel.

Problem solved.

@makena

images.jpg

And if a lot of people turn the channel, which means no sales for QVC....QVC's revenues will go down even more than they have already....great solution! 

So be it.  Why are you so concerned with QVC's revenues?  That is really their problem.  The opinions and demands of a few people here on the forums don't amount to a hill of beans.  The experts have already made their choice when they did the hiring.  If they see fit, they will do the firing. 

Oh, and you're welcome Seargent Sarcasm.

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Georgiagrama  I think QVC is aware that the bulk of its viewers are older gals.  My take is that they figure as we age (many of us have been with them for 20+ years), we will be purchasing less and less.  So, maybe they are trying to attract a younger audience with these younger hosts.

Personally, I don't see younger women/girls shopping this way very much anymore. They have so many more shopping avenues available to them than we did when we started.  I just don't see 20-somethings sitting in front of a TV (or even on their phone) watching this stuff.  They are just too busy with social media IMO.

@2blonde

Yep, 20 yr olds will be "great" at selling all the wrinkle creams and devices to smooth out the wrinkles.........as well as shall we say, more "sophisticated" clothing styles........maybe that device by Lori Greiner for back pain........QVC may think younger host will attract a younger demographic....just like they thought the 30 something "busy moms" Kerstin, Amy, Gabrielle would too....hasnt worked yet...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

If I ever based my buying on hosts, I would never buy any  thing.  They all have flaws we can point out and have been pointed out many times on these forums.  They are sales people who love every single item they have to sell which is not believable and they interject the same old comments and selling points constantly.  They interrupt and are rude at times and all in all they never influence my purchases.  I make my own decisions.  

With that being said, I do not put these hosts in a special category, do not regard them as celebraties in any way, can see the psychology behind what they are trained to do.  Yes, some do annoy with their loud unprofessional approach and silly words.  They do it all in the names of sales and profit,  That is their job just like sales people do in stores although in my opinion i find store sales people more sincere.  I really have little if any interest in the Q hosts and I watch for items I like and may be interested in buying.  I feel the format of the Q needs change not new hosts but as long as there is a profit being made, it will be the same old Q. Just my opinion.

Enjoy your day.

@spiderw

I dont think of hosts as celebrities nor my Facebook BFF.....hosts do matter because if its a lousy hosts they wont give me the information I need to determine if I want to buy the product Ill turn the channel and there's NO SALE.....If they scream, or use cutesy phrases like "da bomb dat com" and put the focus on themselves then trust me I won't watch. A good hosts gives you informative details about the merchandise, with a pleasant personna, a pleasant voice....the HOSTS need to remember its about THE PRODUCT, not them!!!  ..........You mentioned, "as long as their making a profit", have you checked their financial reports lately revenues for QVC USA have been down for several quarters now....evern the CEO for QVC USA discussed it in an interview....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

I heard someone say Kerstin trained one of the newbies. I've always though Kerstin needed more training.

@febe1

Amen.....Kerstin talks so fast, its like she just wants the show to be over with so she can go home.........There was a blog where Kerstin said she trained them on how to present exercise equipment

She's just unequipped to do that job, @Spurt. If anyone cared at the Q, they would use only their best hosts to mentor. It's a haphazard, unimportant job to them. Like anybody can do it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

Or better yet shop online....

@apple1964

Some customers prefer to see products demonstrated since the description and information on line is mostly "sales fluff"....and some items do not have video........A live presentation reveals more about the product.  And if QVC is spending TONS of money to put their products on air, it means that the host should be competent, professional, and definitely NOT annoying..........Woman Frustrated  Otherwise the retailer may lose viewers and thus sales...............

I shop the show. I want to hear all about it, see it demonstrated and on a model if fashion. I don't want nor do I expect to have to boot up and do the hosts job. Why televise it if you're not prepared to sell it by a host that doesn't antagonize you and know what's she's doing.

I've had many hosts ruin a show where I might have made a purchase. I'm not tuning in for a host to "perform." Just sell the profuct in a pleasing manner.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Graciela 77 wrote:
They bragged on air for weeks that all of the new hosts were trained by Mary Beth. My, my, my!

@Graciela 77

Even Mary Beth seems to be in more of a high pressured sales mode these days........

I've noticed Jayne has "stepped it up." Not Leah, good for her!

Honored Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

@kjae  Right, and I don't know any young people who shop on the Q.  

----------------------------

So maybe the point is that QVC is trying to find a younger market. There were a lot of people who applied for five new host positions and QVC made the decision that these "kids" fit the bill.  When many of us list our favorite hosts, we name people who are nearly 60  years old.  Just like my own job, employers are gravitating to younger people.

Respected Contributor

I hear you but younger does not traslate to better in a lot of cases.

@AuntG wrote:

@walkingal wrote:

@kjae  Right, and I don't know any young people who shop on the Q.  

----------------------------

So maybe the point is that QVC is trying to find a younger market. There were a lot of people who applied for five new host positions and QVC made the decision that these "kids" fit the bill.  When many of us list our favorite hosts, we name people who are nearly 60  years old.  Just like my own job, employers are gravitating to younger people.

New Contributor

Some of your hosts are so unprofessional.  If Shawn says "That's so sick" one more time,

I am going to be sick.  You are an adult.  Please act like it.  Stop with the dressing like a teen and trying to speak their language.  Above all else, stop placing your personal orders in the middle of selling a product.  I was stunned when this happended over and over.

Doesn't make the customer feel like they are being put first.