Esteemed Contributor

Re: PLEASE TRAIN YOUR NEW HOSTS!!!

@Graciela 77 wrote:
They bragged on air for weeks that all of the new hosts were trained by Mary Beth. My, my, my!

------------------------

That is just so hard to believe!!!  Most of the new hosts' presentations are totally the reverse of Mary Beth's presentations.

Mary Beth is calm, informed, uses grown up words

and speaks in an "indoor" voice.  The new hosts are not calm, not informed, use children's vocabulary and speak so loudly I have to turn the TV volume way down!!  

As I said before, they need practice, practice, practice.  Watch themselves in the videos of their presentations and honestly critique them!!

Occasional Contributor

I totally agree!

Esteemed Contributor

I heard someone say Kerstin trained one of the newbies. I've always though Kerstin needed more training.

Super Contributor

It may hard to believe but I saw a clip with Mary Beth and all of the new hosts wherein she herself bragged of training them. I agree with all of the posts from others about their behavior. But as I posted in another forum, one word - millenials.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think what bugs me the most about the newbies is that Jacqui Gonzalez was let-go just before these new whippersnappers hit the scene. And while I realize one thing may have nothing to do with the other and that I will never know the truth behind Jacqui's dismissal, I also can see no reason why we now have to suffer these FIVE new hosts who butcher the English language and seem to have little more to offer than their youth.

Jacqui is sweet, poised, well-spoken, and has a generous heart, (which I can attest to, personally because she wrote to me on Facebook once after I lost a beloved pet.)

Honestly, whenever I see this many young people being hired at once, it reeks of ageism and jeunism (which means, 'discrimination against older people in favor of younger ones.')

It is ok to play to a younger demographic, as long as no one else is being ignored, but I think one or two young new hirees would have been sufficient for this purpose. I fear that some of the other hosts will still lose their jobs to make room for these young-uns. I hope this is not the case.

Having said that, I must clarify that I am not insinuating Jacqui was let go because of her age, (because obviously, she was not old, or even middle-aged.) I do, however feel that the five new girls were brought on because of their youth.

Interestingly, I've been watching and shopping with QVC since I was about their age, and I bought plenty of QVC merchandise from hosts who were older than myself, so, as a marketing strategy, it isn't necessary. Perhaps this younger generation needs that, but I never did. I much preferred making purchases from people with experience, integrity, knowledge of the products and pleasing voices.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suziqzee wrote:

"It is ok to play to a younger demographic,"

----------------------

If QVC thinks that age group of viewers/buyers will be enticed....they are mistaken!!  I do not know anyone in that early adult age group who buys from QVC or even watches the channel, including my DDl! DD and friends have laughed at me and teased me about shopping on QVC! That is not to say that they do not shop on line sites but watching and buying QVC just does not appeal to them!        

And by the way, using younger hosts - who yell, use poor language, do not have good presentation skills - will

never draw anyone in, millennial or older!!

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

Never known QVC to have so many un-trained hosts bombard the viewing audience at one time.  Screaming, cutsey speech, and unprofessional demeanor. 

Please hire a professional to train these poor people.  

Sadly, Q wants this screaming, cutesy, nutty behavior these days.  

Valued Contributor

I watched Mary Beth with Louis Dellolio and she was so giddy and kept interrupting hime and you could he wasn' too happy!!

Respected Contributor

@corita Your last paragraph it spot ON! I have said this for MANY yrs, they need to watch themselves & LEARN! Although, some might think they did an excellent job. I have only seen a couple of the newbies, & I am NOT impressed by any of them. 

Trusted Contributor

There seems to be a contest as to how many times one can say "like" in an hour!