Esteemed Contributor

Re: PLEASE TRAIN YOUR NEW HOSTS!!!

Corporations like to "offer a package" to the older folks who are making top salaries. Replace them with young newbies who make starting salaries. With Jacque G. and Albany, who had been there many years, they can get five or more newbies.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

Or better yet shop online....

@apple1964

Some customers prefer to see products demonstrated since the description and information on line is mostly "sales fluff"....and some items do not have video........A live presentation reveals more about the product.  And if QVC is spending TONS of money to put their products on air, it means that the host should be competent, professional, and definitely NOT annoying..........Woman Frustrated  Otherwise the retailer may lose viewers and thus sales...............

Ok... I get your point.  Take your comment to QVC maybe they will listen to you?

Esteemed Contributor

@arguta wrote:

Some of your hosts are so unprofessional.  If Shawn says "That's so sick" one more time,

I am going to be sick.  You are an adult.  Please act like it.  Stop with the dressing like a teen and trying to speak their language.  Above all else, stop placing your personal orders in the middle of selling a product.  I was stunned when this happended over and over.

Doesn't make the customer feel like they are being put first. 

I totally agree.on all your points -- especially Shawn, or any host, asking their producer (or whomever) to place an order for them.  It wastes time, takes that item away from a customer, and is just plain rude.  And NO, it does not make me want to buy it more because you ordered it (or "fake" ordered it).

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

There is one particular host (whose name I don't even know), who has a strong accent.  It is not her fault.  I am sure she is lovely.  However, I can not listen to her for that reason.  Yes, I guess that is my problem, and not hers.  It is what it is.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips

I agree with you.  I think these hosts must think that because they purchase something, or rave on about how they have this, that it will make us all run to the phone to buy it.

Personally, I am of the opinion that the hosts I often see that are supposed to be the "stars" think way too much of themselves.  Maybe I'm just out of the loop, but I've never thought of a host as a star or even special.  They are salespeople who will say anything.

Honored Contributor

And, speaking of the hosts saying "l own this," that's not how it appears. They think that by saying this, we'll want to own it too.

But the reason the hosts own the item, in most cases, is b/c the vendor gave it to them gratis, to try it out and become more familiar with it. This applies to many categories, such as clothing, electronics, and household items, 

l believe the hosts wouldn't always "own" these items if they had to pay for them, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

every host says this since i can remember, especially Mary Beth Rowe. it's so aggravatingWoman Mad

I must agree that I am disappointed with several of the news show hosts.  I am a long time customer and frequently like to watch in the overnight hours, but these new hosts are turning me away. 

Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

And, speaking of the hosts saying "l own this," that's not how it appears. They think that by saying this, we'll want to own it too.

But the reason the hosts own the item, in most cases, is b/c the vendor gave it to them gratis, to try it out and become more familiar with it. This applies to many categories, such as clothing, electronics, and household items, 

l believe the hosts wouldn't always "own" these items if they had to pay for them, lol.

I think also that they get a hefty discount.  That plus their big salaries means they can afford to buy many things, as well as stock their "Gift Closet."   Whoever heard of a Gift Closet?  That is ridiculous !!!